Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

March says Finn to Fax

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Snide & disrespectful comments directed at deceased players -who ever they are - will not be tolerated on this forum.

Our friend who made them recently has recieved a formal warning.

Jimmy B

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#62 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Snide & disrespectful comments directed at deceased players -who ever they are - will not be tolerated on this forum.
Our friend who made them recently has recieved a formal warning.

Jimmy B

This was a joint decision taken after a discussion took place
Maureen
Im Fev and im proud

#63 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Don Fox- Legend

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#64 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

No.  I remember him kicking one from just to the right of the posts though.

This is what I said.  He kicked the goal.  In his slippers.  On the Monday after the final.  At Belle Vue.

Pop down to the doctors about that paranoia.  All of you.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

You knew exactly what you were doing griff.
I refer to the comments I made aboutyou on this forum some weeks ago which rightly attracted a moderators warning. I standby those comments.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

You knew exactly what you were doing griff.

Yes, I did.  Unfortunately, you did not.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#67 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Owt tha sezz griff

#68 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

perhaps this will shed a little light. The mists of time. remebered by most of sport for this, but not the remainder of his brilliant service the the game

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/2598460/Don-Fox.html

Edited by Ricardo Taylor, 27 August 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#69 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Another of my dad's sporting heroes, with someone who'd have been his greatest hero had he have lived long enough to have seen him.

Attached Files

Edited by Andrew Vause, 28 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#70 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

If Don had been born with his pace and physique, he would have been the greatest player ever to lace a pair of boots!

#71 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Many argue Neil holds that accolade anyway notwithstanding Alexander the great!

#72 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

neil fox at 19 years old was a colossus of the game. magnificent athlete, top goal kicker. stood out in a team full of stars. oh, and modest too

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#73 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Many argue Neil holds that accolade anyway notwithstanding Alexander the great!

You've got a point there Robin, and he was nearly as skilfull as Don. Our Ian still hangs about with him occasionally from the time they played at Bradford together in the late 70's. Neil was playing 2nd row at the time and approaching 40, but he still taught the Aussies a trick or two with his ball-playing skills when they played a tour game at Odsal. Before that he'd been player-coach at Huddersfield, but their Peter still knew his worth and brought him to Bradford, solely as a player.   

#74 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

On tour to Australia in 2008, I sat with Neil, Billy Boston and Alex Murphy and they went through a list of players to beat the Aussies. At half back they said Murphy at 6 with Don at 7. Murphy said he was the only Scrum half he would haved played stand off to when in his prime. Think that shows what top players thought of Don.

#75 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

My Grandad used to wax lyrical about Peter Fox's offloading (that obviously wasn't the phrase he used!) skills - or his propensity to throw the ball anywhere, when discussing his time at Batley. According to him, he was definitely the lesser of the three brothers in terms of playing ability by quite a distance. I'd have loved to have seen Neil Fox in his prime, sounds like he was a magnificent player. Don't suppose there's any footage out there?

Edited by TheTerminator, 29 August 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

#76 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

My Grandad used to wax lyrical about Peter Fox's offloading (that obviously wasn't the phrase he used!) skills - or his propensity to throw the ball anywhere, when discussing his time at Batley. According to him, he was definitely the lesser of the three brothers in terms of playing ability by quite a distance. I'd have loved to have seen Neil Fox in his prime, sounds like he was a magnificent player. Don't suppose there's any footage out there?

Look on YouTube
Im Fev and im proud

#77 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

neil fox at 19 years old was a colossus of the game. magnificent athlete, top goal kicker. stood out in a team full of stars. oh, and modest too

And we tend to forget he played for Fev's junior team in his early days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users