Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Misi Taulapapa thoughts

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

. So you heard racist comments? They was no racist comments at all!

He probably wasn't even at the game. 

#22 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

He just needs a ticking off , no ban but not good when kids are about. To be fair he got some stick too..
[Thought he was supposed to be a pro and rise above it all but my kids were there and they were not impressed by his actions.
They asked who the player was and I said to them hes a nobody.
Pity he didn't show the same aggression when they played Leigh in the Northern Rail final.
Anonymous comes to mind/quote]

my kids heard it too and as a pro i think he is bang out out of order.

#23 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

It started by him getting abuse for going in with a elbow in a tackle which happens in the sport! fans go on at players! He then turned around and stuck 2s up at the fans giving him abuse. After that the whole stand was on his back all game, hence he got booed at end and then came over to offer everyone on . That's not very good when kids are there. I only called you a ##### because I'm shocked racisms been brought up here because he wasn't at all. If he was the fans wouldn't have reacted like they did

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

. I did not condone anything. Can you vouch for every single dewsbury fan?? Don't be so daft!!! It wouldn't of been mentioned if it hadn't happened which is why he took such offence to the idiots giving it him.

Get lost. Misi is so easy to wind up and is always looking for a fight!

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

That said he did get abuse back and he's only human. I wouldn't want no player banned but certainly needs a ticking off because as a sportsman you can't be doing things like that, he's let his team and club down and it's unprofessional of him to behave like that. I know he's only human but you just can't be doing that. He honestly wasn't racially abused because if that happend the fans and stewards would of chucked the fans out! Got strict stewards nowadays at rams and they was the ones who reported the incidents to the rfl match commissioner and our ground safety officer

#26 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I was at the game and "in the thick of it" in the South Stand.

Those who know me will know I abhor racism and I, along with many others around me in the stand, would have taken issue if any of my fellow supporters had resorted to that kind of abuse.

We had an islander playing for us today, so it seems bizarre that one of our fans would have verbally attacked an opponent along those lines.

I didn't hear anything, but I'm intrigued to know what JvLeeds heard. Can you be specific about what was said? (Use asterisks if it's a rude word!) Did you report it to a steward? Did you inform anybody at the club after the match?

I also didn't see an elbow from Misi, but away wingers at our ground always cop stick because of how close the fans are to the pitch. I've never seen a missile thrown, I've never heard racist abuse, but I've also never seen a player react the way Misi did today.

He should've known better. He embarrassed himself after the game, and I'd hope that if the Sheffield fans who were chanting his name knew what was actually being said then they'd have been much less vocal in their support of him.

Edited by Tom Coates, 18 August 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I was at the game and "in the thick of it" in the South Stand.

Those who know me will know I abhor racism and I, along with many others around me in the stand, would have taken issue if any of my fellow supporters had resorted to that kind of abuse.

We had an islander playing for us today, so it seems bizarre that one of our fans would have verbally attacked an opponent along those lines.

I didn't hear anything, but I'm intrigued to know what JvLeeds heard. Can you be specific about what was said? (Use asterisks if it's a rude word!) Did you report it to a steward? Did you inform anybody at the club after the match?

I also didn't see an elbow from Misi, but away wingers at our ground always cop stick because of how close the fans are to the pitch. I've never seen a missile thrown, I've never heard racist abuse, but I've also never seen a player react the way Misi did today.

He should've known better. He embarrassed himself after the game, and I'd hope that if the Sheffield fans who were chanting his name knew what was actually being said then they'd have been much less vocal in their support of him.

What did he actually say? I'd left the ground straight after the hooter.

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

Well said Tom . He did get some stick but non of it was racial. I never heard anyone say anything racist and like you say, if anyone did our fans wouldn't tolerate it or have reacted like they did.

#29 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Not racist...... lol

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#30 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Not racist...... lol

Sorry to disappoint you PM, but I have never heard any racist abuse, but as Pryce and Aizue were on the pitch, it would be a bit odd to shout racist abuse. Perhaps Taulapapa overreacted, maybe this is why a player of his quality is in CC rather than SL or NRL. Karl Pryce has had a lot of stick from fans from many clubs including our own but did you see him going up and offering to fight them?

For the Pryce bashers, top try scorer, 11 from 26 plus just as many assists and a number of tries saved defensively.

#31 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

This is misi talapapa who got sacked by New Zealand warriors for coming to training drunk according to wiki

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 19 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

I am not stating that anything was said to Mr T directly, but you only have to read some of the comments on the the Batley forum (and not just from the rams) to know racism is still a problem in sport. Anyhow well done against Sheffield the 5th Vs 8th is looking more and more possible! 

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#33 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am not stating that anything was said to Mr T directly, but you only have to read some of the comments on the the Batley forum (and not just from the rams) to know racism is still a problem in sport. Anyhow well done against Sheffield the 5th Vs 8th is looking more and more possible!

Well it would be good for HW game.

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

That said he did get abuse back and he's only human. I wouldn't want no player banned but certainly needs a ticking off because as a sportsman you can't be doing things like that, he's let his team and club down and it's unprofessional of him to behave like that. I know he's only human but you just can't be doing that. He honestly wasn't racially abused because if that happend the fans and stewards would of chucked the fans out! Got strict stewards nowadays at rams and they was the ones who reported the incidents to the rfl match commissioner and our ground safety officer

Very sensible perspective on the situation DTID. Some people on both sides do get too wound up about such incidents; it's as if something of this sort had never happened before.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Anybody involved in racism in the South Stand will be delt with before the stewards are involved.There was no racism involved by any Dewsbury fans regarding this incident..It was incitement by the player which the rugby league will issue him with a big fine.

#36 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ive heard fans question the parentage of certain players/officials and also their sexual proclivities at times but i dont ever recall any racist abuse from the Southstand or from any Dewsbury fans in the years i have followed them.

I did however once here Shane Williams calling Darren Fleary his N***er B*tch, but i doubt that had quite the same implications :ph34r: 

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#37 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Never heard anything racist at Dewsbury, yeah sure fans get on oppositions backs but doesnt all clubs ? Sounds like Misi reacted poorily and should apologise.

#38 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

he were getting some stick at our place for 3rd man in with the knees in 9 hole, he really jumped up to the bait like a man possesed. he played the racist pap back then too after the game.only time have been present to any rasist comments were at an away game and it were to their own player ex batley that had dropped the ball. dident matter that he had scored 2 trys and made to in first half for them. also at another away game a few years ago two thugs were shouting vile abuse to one of their star players for not getting the ball away quick enough. i only wished the lads big brother who plays for wigan was sat about 100 yards away had been in earshot.stewads did nothing and we moved at half time. :rtfm:

#39 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Even some Sheffield fans said hes abit like that after the match.. Loose cannon!!

#40 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Even some Sheffield fans said hes abit like that after the match.. Loose cannon!!

Should he be fired ? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users