Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Misi Taulapapa thoughts

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I wouldn't go that far but maybe a quiet word lol

#42 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

True you can't go around doing what he did, lucky crowd was poor, would of been a riot if at fev or hull haha!! A few fans was ready to go on pitch for a scrap when he came over, dews fans certainly didn't back down and give him more back!!

Wow hope he's rested next week at Fev......we don't want any violence; The trouble will all be Fevs fault before long;

#43 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Maybe an anger management course would be better with a ban and a fine

#44 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Aston will probs blame dews fans if he gets a fine or ban.

#45 db

db
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Probably the most horrible team I've seen at the Dews all season, Brendan HIllesque flopping (no. 25 especially)
grapples, elbows, ball chucking petulance topped of off by the winger offering out most off the south stand, utterly pathetic.

#46 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Probably the most horrible team I've seen at the Dews all season, Borendan HIllesque flopping (no. 25 especially)
grapples, elbows, ball chucking petulance topped of off by the winger offering out most off the south stand, utterly pathetic.

Without wishing to sound bitter in regard to our woeful losing streak against The Eagles, coach Aston's tactics do seem to stretch the rules of the game to within an millimetre of breaking point. Borderline gamesmanship, in fact.

Posted Image

#47 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

They certainly taking niggling in the tackle and holding down to border like limit. One of may mates saw one if our team in gym yesterday , he was saying how when they watched video 2 of our disallowed try's should of been given. Especially the craven one which showed his foot was not in touch when he put the ball down!! He also mensioned how it's the 3rd time he's played against Michael knowles and he's the dirtiest player he's ever played against

#48 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Without wishing to sound bitter in regard to our woeful losing streak against The Eagles, coach Aston's tactics do seem to stretch the rules of the game to within an millimetre of breaking point. Borderline gamesmanship, in fact.

A successful coach in other words. We, on the other hand, prefer our players to be encouraged to act in a fair and gentlemanly manner at all times. It's not the winning that counts but the manner in which one wins, what?

:angel:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#49 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Probably the most horrible team I've seen at the Dews all season, Brendan HIllesque flopping (no. 25 especially)

OK, put all that to one side and just think about the quality of their last try - it was TBH, sheer class - that's the kind of football they play, and the kind of football I'd love to see from us. GM could do worse than look at the video and see what we can emulate rather than looking at where we went wrong.

#50 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

OK, put all that to one side and just think about the quality of their last try - it was TBH, sheer class - that's the kind of football they play, and the kind of football I'd love to see from us. GM could do worse than look at the video and see what we can emulate rather than looking at where we went wrong.

They had enough class and ability to win without employing unbecoming tactics and at least 2 of their tries showed this to what I remember. Their style of play was very Super League esq I thought flat passes dummy runners etc, a bit like watching Whinos on a Friday night.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#51 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Sounds like the rfl have been ringing the numbers of fans who gave their numbers to stewards or the security guy to give statements for what happend . Could be a ban and fine for mr taulapapa!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 22 August 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#52 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

I do remember being at Batley once, many moons ago and I can't remember who they were playing but it wasn't us, when a few of the home faithful behind the posts were giving their team and George Pianaczek (?) some stick after conceding yet another try. George proceeded to climb over the metal fence at which point all of these vocal critics rapidly made themselves scarce.

In those days it was just funny and the RFL had no reason to get involved.

Nowadays some folk are simply too thin-skinned and rush to take offence over the smallest thing. IMHO, of course.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#53 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

He was my PE Teacher at Thomas a Beckett.

Id have done one too if id seen him climbing the fence lol.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users