Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Three out of Three

is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Meatloaf sings "Two outta Three ain't bad", but two wins out of three will not be good enough for the Knights. Is it possible for the Knights to win at Workinton, Doncaster and at home to Batley?

#2 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I hate to be negative,but no.

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Has anyone looked at the remaining fixtures...

They are:

22/8 - Sheffield v Hunslet & Swinton v Barrow

1/9 - Hunslet v Fev & Whitehaven v Swinton

So how many more points will Hunslet get - I'll start praying and go with 0 - gives them 29 points

We need Barrow to win at Swinton - lets say that happens & Swinton get a bonus point

then Swinton lose at Haven gives them 29 points

We get 2 bonus points away at Worky & Donny, then beat Batley at home gives us 30 points - we

currently have a better points difference than Swinton also

Another thing - we now miss the last 3 games due to holidays so theres bound to win in

there somewhere...

#4 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Has anyone looked at the remaining fixtures...

They are:

22/8 - Sheffield v Hunslet & Swinton v Barrow

1/9 - Hunslet v Fev & Whitehaven v Swinton

So how many more points will Hunslet get - I'll start praying and go with 0 - gives them 29 points

We need Barrow to win at Swinton - lets say that happens & Swinton get a bonus point

then Swinton lose at Haven gives them 29 points

We get 2 bonus points away at Worky & Donny, then beat Batley at home gives us 30 points - we

currently have a better points difference than Swinton also

Another thing - we now miss the last 3 games due to holidays so theres bound to win in

there somewhere...

Hope springs eternal, Col.

By the way - bet thee a bob Haven don't beat Swinton ! ;)

#5 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hope springs eternal, Col.

By the way - bet thee a bob Haven don't beat Swinton ! ;)

May well be right Andy - can see Mr Woods comments 'we were resting players for the play offs' already..

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

May well be right Andy - can see Mr Woods comments 'we were resting players for the play offs' already..

haven have been really poor since the likes of swift have been called into the saints squad. it also looks as though they will miss out on the playoffs if we beat you on thursday so i dont think theyll rest any players.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

haven have been really poor since the likes of swift have been called into the saints squad. it also looks as though they will miss out on the playoffs if we beat you on thursday so i dont think theyll rest any players.

Good point - didn't realise they had slipped down that far - just hope they still have

a chance of a play off place come the last game

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

batley are never a walk in the park for top three / fours sides.....I doubt they will come to your place and lay down....although they may not be as hungry as their play off place probably wont change

#Punditry

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users