TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Who should replace London Broncos in Superleague 2014 ?

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm just trying to think which grounds haven't been upgraded since WW2.

Ah Gaz - you're the Master of Hyperbole. ^_^

Richie it was a far fetched expression but you know which teams haven't upgraded their grounds in years/decades.

#62 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

I may have missed something but who with any official power and authority says London will not be there next season?

Nobody is saying it but when even Ian Ramsdale of the excellent RL Down South podcast, BBC &c can't get any information *at all* about what the situation is then you have to admit it's not looking certain that they will be there.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#63 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Nope.

They did. London were laying on and ripping the ball all game and were only penalised for it towards the end, when the result was sorted.

That said, London were the better team on the day and worthy winners.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#64 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12066

#65 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I just wish he didn't sound so much like he's rallying troops.

- Severus, July 2012

#66 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

I also wish they'd find a photo that doesn't make him look like a politician at a party conference. That said, if he can replicate some of the positivity and recent squad strengthening seen at Salford, he'll do for me :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#67 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

The thing is though, every promise Feisal has ever made, he's delivered on.

#68 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Just at Fev ?  Or everywhere ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#69 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Just at Fev ?  Or everywhere ?

Just at Fev, obviously

#70 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Just at Fev, obviously

Don't listen to Richie PR. he's just jealous we can fill a taxi to away games lol.

#71 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

If the league is going down to 12 why bother replacing... just relegate one more before 2015

#72 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

If the league is going down to 12 why bother replacing... just relegate one more before 2015

I think that would of happened but its the magic weekend that's the problem as one team would miss out on that weekend.That in effect would mean a team at the end of this season would have to be relegated.

Edited by thundergaz, 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#73 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, whichever division the Broncos find themselves in, they should bite the bullet, move in with the Skolars at New River Stadium and work together with the RFL to develop a permanent base for rugby league in the capital.

It's not a state of the art venue at present but it's well located and could more than handle London's current crowds and the whole site is ripe for development when the time suits.

IM2 will be able to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the lease is also available to buy.

It just makes so much sense it's untrue.

Edited by Pottsy, 20 August 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#74 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

I personally would run with 13 and invite a Championship All Stars team to play at Magic (and draw the fixtures out of a hat).

Given Feisal's statement this morning, it's all very exciting, but this is not how I want us to enter SL.  I'm quite happy to wait for promotion at the end of 2015.

#75 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

I personally would run with 13 and invite a Championship All Stars team to play at Magic (and draw the fixtures out of a hat).

Given Feisal's statement this morning, it's all very exciting, but this is not how I want us to enter SL. I'm quite happy to wait for promotion at the end of 2015.

Just give the Dragons a BYE at Magic.

#76 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just give the Dragons a BYE at Magic.

That could work too

#77 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Certainly good times at Fev right now.

- Severus, July 2012

#78 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

But I thought Fev wanted return of P&R so they could come up? Now what they are effectively getting is a SL licence for one year (I suspect until Toulouse are up and running), and then the bottom team is replaced by Toulouse.

Given Fev will only have a few months to prepare, I think they would be long shots to survive. they will probably try and do what Hull KR did (and still do) and load their team up with 10-12 Qld-Cup standard Australians. Also, 4,000 average crowds is not a very ambitious target for the club. That's not much better than what the Broncos get.

I hope Fev fans are prepared for criticism next year though. All year Fev fans have been the most vocal about bringing back P&R. Now, if they are given a SL licence, they would have effectively 'sold out'. Will they be immune to the criticism's of fans of Halifax and Leigh when they are performing poorly, playing all Australian starting 13's and drawing small crowds?

Either way, I suspect this is a fortunate occurrence for the RFL long-term. By bringing in Fev and then letting them (likely) get relegated next year for Toulouse, they are effectively 'throwing the dogs a bone', so that when they fail and SL goes back to a closed shop in 2015 (with 2 French teams), the RFL can say 'look, we gave a traditional Championship club a turn, and look how bad they went', Thus justifying licencing and shutting a few people up for 5 years.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Dangerous game being played here by the RFL, if as I suspect, they are courting Feisal, with a place in SL due to his heavy investment in Fev and also this RLWC deal, only to see Fev replaced the following year. He could decide to take his investment elsewhere. He may well not decide todo that, but he might.

Edited by Pen-Y-Bont Crusader, 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#80 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

But I thought Fev wanted return of P&R so they could come up? Now what they are effectively getting is a SL licence for one year (I suspect until Toulouse are up and running), and then the bottom team is replaced by Toulouse.

Given Fev will only have a few months to prepare, I think they would be long shots to survive. they will probably try and do what Hull KR did (and still do) and load their team up with 10-12 Qld-Cup standard Australians. Also, 4,000 average crowds is not a very ambitious target for the club. That's not much better than what the Broncos get.

I hope Fev fans are prepared for criticism next year though. All year Fev fans have been the most vocal about bringing back P&R. Now, if they are given a SL licence, they would have effectively 'sold out'. Will they be immune to the criticism's of fans of Halifax and Leigh when they are performing poorly, playing all Australian starting 13's and drawing small crowds?

Either way, I suspect this is a fortunate occurrence for the RFL long-term. By bringing in Fev and then letting them (likely) get relegated next year for Toulouse, they are effectively 'throwing the dogs a bone', so that when they fail and SL goes back to a closed shop in 2015 (with 2 French teams), the RFL can say 'look, we gave a traditional Championship club a turn, and look how bad they went', Thus justifying licencing and shutting a few people up for 5 years.

Have you not seen the changes the RFL has in mind post-2015?

Personally, I think it's suicidal of Fev to try to gain entry next year. They'd be better served building a Super League ready squad next year and the. mounting a big push for top four in the middle eight twelve months later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users