Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Favourite actors

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

The obvious usual suspects spring to mind like de Niro, pacino, freeman, Eastwood etc, but for me my favourite actor is nicolas cage. Although he's been in some right stinkers lately you can't beat some crazy, over the top and outrageous cage action, films like "vampires kiss", "bringing out the dead", "bad lieutenant: new Orleans port of call" and "matchstick men" are classic OTT cage. Just wish he'd stop taking parts in rubbish films and stick to the tried and tested.

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Ed Miliband. His Bertie Wooster is just exceptional.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Brian Blessed, nobody does Brian Blessed better.

#4 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

The obvious usual suspects spring to mind like de Niro, pacino, freeman, Eastwood etc, but for me my favourite actor is nicolas cage. Although he's been in some right stinkers lately you can't beat some crazy, over the top and outrageous cage action, films like "vampires kiss", "bringing out the dead", "bad lieutenant: new Orleans port of call" and "matchstick men" are classic OTT cage. Just wish he'd stop taking parts in rubbish films and stick to the tried and tested.

I like Nicolas Cage as well, but for me he has only one style of acting, when it suits the role it works very well, but when it doesn't it stinks.

#5 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

John Cusack.

Harvey Keitel - I always thought he was a little one-dimensional, a little like De Niro in respect of the tough guy role. But over the past few years, he has done quite a few comedic roles.

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ed Harris. Almost always good, even in films that stink the place out.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,910 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Denzel Washington

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Film-acting much easier than tv-acting, which is much easier than stage-acting. Commonly, film-actors are cast for looks and box-office attraction as much as for their intrinsic talent.

Unfortunately, I don't get to the theatre as much as I'd like, but my favourite tv actors are Alun Armstrong and Bill Patterson. My favourite film actors (actresses) are Nathalie Baye and Penelope Cruz.

My most promising newcomer choices would be John Bradley and Emelia Clark, both from Game of Thrones.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

John Cusack.
Harvey Keitel - I always thought he was a little one-dimensional, a little like De Niro in respect of the tough guy role. But over the past few years, he has done quite a few comedic roles.

Harvey keitel is another one of my favourite actors, like you say he plays the tough guy and seedy roles very well. As for De Niro checkout "midnight run" from the late 80's, pure comedy gold.

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Harvey keitel is another one of my favourite actors, like you say he plays the tough guy and seedy roles very well. As for De Niro checkout "midnight run" from the late 80's, pure comedy gold.

'Midnight Run' is superb. Charles Grodin is very good in it too.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

I like Nicolas Cage as well, but for me he has only one style of acting, when it suits the role it works very well, but when it doesn't it stinks.

Yep, nobody does wild, OTT and manic like cage. As ive said he should stick to the tried and tested because he can't act the straight role, but saying that he was superb in "leaving las Vegas."

#12 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

'Midnight Run' is superb. Charles Grodin is very good in it too.

The chemistry between de Niro and grodin is pure comedy gold and makes the film the big hit that it is.

#13 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Karl pilkington

#14 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Paddy Considine. Especially in Dead Man's Shoes.

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

The old bloke who used to play Woolpack regular 'Walter' was a legend in Emmerdale Farm. His method acting of nodding to order a pint was Shakespeare-esque. If only he had got an equity card, surely he would be mentioned in the same hushed tones as Larry

Edited by Johnoco, 20 August 2013 - 01:54 PM.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#16 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Couldnt get away with Dead man's shoes.

#17 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

if I were you, id gather them goonies and get in that f........ car

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#18 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

David Jason, Tommy Lee Jones, John Malkovich and Harrison Ford.

28m391z.jpg

#19 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

David Jason, Tommy Lee Jones, John Malkovich and Harrison Ford.

Tommy lee jones and Harrison ford were brilliant in The fugitive, ford was also great in playing Indiana jones as was tommy lee jones in The three burials of melquiades Estrada and no country for old men.

#20 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

if I were you, id gather them goonies and get in that f........ car

Goonies, now you're talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users