MATCH REPORT FROM COUGAR PARK: Keighley V Rovers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

See attached match report from Keighley.

Attached Files

#2 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Cheers Steve.

We certainly bottled a few tries, and from where I was sitting it was hard to see why some of the others were ruled out. I think Vince Mellars could've had a hatrick.

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Cheers Steve.

We certainly bottled a few tries, and from where I was sitting it was hard to see why some of the others were ruled out. I think Vince Mellars could've had a hatrick.

Thanks Mark, I also thought the ref was inconsistent in his decisions:- He disallowed Will Sharps try when he fell as he caught the ball but got up without a hand being laid on him, and he didn't get tackled until he was in the process of touching down, yet ithe ref ruled he had been tackled. But in the 2nd half Will Sharp again tried to get up and play the ball when the tacklers fell off him. A 3rd man ran in to tackle him as he attempted to get up and play the ball, causing him to drop it. The ref ruled he lost the ball in the tackle. If that was the case then surely the try should have been allowed!

BTW Mark, how long are you over for? If you're here on Thurdsay night please pop in to see us, we'll be in the press box.

#4 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Mark, I also thought the ref was inconsistent in his decisions:- He disallowed Will Sharps try when he fell as he caught the ball but got up without a hand being laid on him, and he didn't get tackled until he was in the process of touching down, yet ithe ref ruled he had been tackled. But in the 2nd half Will Sharp again tried to get up and play the ball when the tacklers fell off him. A 3rd man ran in to tackle him as he attempted to get up and play the ball, causing him to drop it. The ref ruled he lost the ball in the tackle. If that was the case then surely the try should have been allowed!

Sorry, I got the lost ball incident mixed up with another event, it was around the 32nd minute of the first half, before the disallowed try, and not in the 2nd period. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users