Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster Game

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Last home league game of the season for us,after Sunday's game really feeling upbeat about this one,night games seem to have a better atmosphere then day ones.Let's get behind the boys,your doing a good job in the south stand ;) Think the score will be Rams 28 - Dons 20,att 795.

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Think it will be nice if we can all rally round for this last home match and try getting on to the fans who haven't been much this year to try get to the game . A good vocal support from the stands hopefully!!

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Is obrien available to play as super league clubs don't play this week.

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'd imagine he will be yes so that's a huge bonus for us if he plays

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Be good if the club tried making the match bring a mate for free or a fiver with season tickets this Thursday , try rally round and get a good crowd for match seem as its our biggest of the season so far

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 19 August 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

If we want to be in the play-offs, then we have to win tonight. I think Doncaster , with their current form, will have the edge and will want it more than us.

Dewsbury 18 - 30 Doncaster.

Att: 801

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#7 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Not sure if its blind optimism but have a feeling we'll win tonight especially after the display to fight for the BP against the top of the league.

Rams by 8 points. (fingers crossed)

Come on lads we have faith lets end the home campaign on a high.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#8 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Be hard to win this one as Doncaster have really been on a cracking run over the last few weeks. They seem to have gelled well as a team and Cooke seems to be back to his old self. As they have a settled team, this is a massive bonus over ours. One aspect that saves us is our pitch. As it isn't the widest it stops teams throwing the ball around to the wings as much; as Sheffield found on Sunday.

With some of their players being signed from us they will also have something to prove.

Always the optimist: Dewsbury 18 - Doncaster 26

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Donny on hot form, we're running on empty and riddled with injuries. So, a home win it is then!

Rams 24 - 22 Dons

Att: 725

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Have faith! If we ain't up for it tonight then we never will be! Halifax cup match 2!!! Wel win have faith!!! And get your singing voices ready

#11 silcoates

silcoates
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

well done the rams tonight .good rugby league match.

A few punch ups. 24 for them what half swinging them.

A lot of young lads this season.

next season should be much better.

#12 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's hard being an optimist on this forum. We positive thinkers are often the subject of ridicule and derision. I hope you doubters are embarrassed, we played well and proud and WON.

It's our turn to feel smug.

Told you so!

How many sneered at Glenn's promise of play off football? Well he's delivered.

Don't know who we'll play yet but i'm sure there are those of you who will already penciling in a loss.

Remember Halifax? Remember running Fev within an inch?

Come on lets recognise what we've achieved, be positive and get behind the lads. 

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Well said flying 5, great game tonight,it had everything for every league fan,a good old punch up to keep us entertained.Thought our fans really made some noise,don't care who we play in the play off,but it would be nice to out number the doggies at their place,when we will have a shared gate for the game.

#14 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

Think it will be nice if we can all rally round for this last home match and try getting on to the fans who haven't been much this year to try get to the game . A good vocal support from the stands hopefully!!

Well DTID, we certainly had the latter, if not the former.

I was really pleased that my prediction was totally wrong. We certainly showed tonight how to play the game and gave our all for the entire eighty minutes with good, hard tackles and kept Donny on the back foot.

I believe their first try should not have been allowed; Hyde knocked on and then Pryce (not offside) kicked the ball up and was collected by the Donny player, who went on to score. It is my assumption that Pryce's kick made the ball dead and a scrum should have ensued. I said at the time that KP was stupid for kicking because you never know how the ref. will interpret the rule (I didn't get the chance to mention the last bit before they scored). Somebody tell me if Hewer got it right, or am I correct?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#15 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Ref got it right. Home player knocked on so advantage to the away side. Had the away team not scored it would have been scrum down Donny put in.

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

It's hard being an optimist on this forum. We positive thinkers are often the subject of ridicule and derision. I hope you doubters are embarrassed, we played well and proud and WON.

It's our turn to feel smug.

Told you so!

How many sneered at Glenn's promise of play off football? Well he's delivered.

Don't know who we'll play yet but i'm sure there are those of you who will already penciling in a loss.

Remember Halifax? Remember running Fev within an inch?

Come on lets recognise what we've achieved, be positive and get behind the lads. 

Why would the doubters be embarrassed. Last night we won a game we would have expected to win for most of the season - and won it well, and believe me, I'm as delighted as anybody that we have reached the playoffs, but I'm more delighted that we have avoided the drop. Results have gone our way the last couple of weeks which has helped, but the way I see it we will most likely finish eighth  on points difference only and it's been squeaky bum time nearly to the last - and we still haven't beaten a top five side in the league. Unfortunately we have turned into a real Jekyll and Hyde team, which would probably account for the number of doubters on the forum. As for last night though - all credit to the lads for the outstanding defensive effort on which the win was based. Josh Tonks man of the match though ? Jack wants to get himself off to specsavers - it was Tom Lillicrop who was putting himself about in both attack and defence as far as I could see. Real positive note last night was to see Jy mel C walking about in the Royal suite at half time - said he felt much better, and that is good news.

#17 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Great performance last night from the lads. Didn't think that they would win but happy to say i was wrong. We had them on the rack in the first half, just a shame we couldn't get over for more points in that period. Doncaster tried to get at us with their speed at the start of both halves, but they quickly dropped off.

There were good performances throughout the team including Morton, Craven (even though he dropped a few balls), Hepworth and Tonks. The defence was also very good i thought.

Spoiling tactics from Doncaster were seen from the start including knees and elbows in the tackle. There were some disgusting scenes from their players in the fight and their number 14 didn't get sin binned and got away with it. They blew it when we were down to 11 men though and didn't score a point.

Also, i must say Hewer had a great game i thought. Best ref i've seen this season and i used to slate Hewer when he refereed at our level. Nice to have somebody that plays advantage and lets the game flow and seems to understand the game; not like that joke Brookes on Sunday.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Ref got it right. Home player knocked on so advantage to the away side. Had the away team not scored it would have been scrum down Donny put in.

I'm not sure that you're correct. advantage from a knock-on has always ended whenever a member of the offending side touches the ball - i don't believe that advantage can be played continuously. I know that a rule has been introduced to give the non-offending side a free play but, once again, I believe that this ends when a member of the offending side plays the ball.

If you can point me to a source of the changed rule i would be grateful.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

An excellent performance last night. If GM can turn out a team that plays with that level of commitment and determination combined with a little more skill then we must be confident of the prospects for next season. Anyone doubting KP's motivation and demeanour must have had to swallow their words last night - a great performance when he was on the pitch, that is!

This was a great end to our home season and, you never know, maybe we can emulate the '73 team after all. (Time for my lie down I think!)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Glad prycey is staying, he even applauded the fans last night haha!! Usualy straight down tunnel lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users