RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Barrow vs swinton predictions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Have the other results gone our way?

nope were in bottom 2

#62 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

It's down to us at home to Keighley and Hunslet at home to Fev.
Hunslet win and we are down even if we win.
Hunslet lose and a BP will keep us up.
Squeaky bum time again next week.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#63 foggieraider13

foggieraider13
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

With Keighley 2 points ahead of us if we beat them by more than 12 points then we are safe as even if York win both their games they can only reach 32 points.

Posted Image

#64 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Gutted !!!!!!! we simply ain't good enough we had plenty of possession in first half and couldn't do a thing  with it, I think that's been the story all season long

• bangbang likes this

#65 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

With Keighley 2 points ahead of us if we beat them by more than 12 points then we are safe as even if York win both their games they can only reach 32 points.

Yes your right, so the future is still in our own hands.
Win and deny them a BP and were safe.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#66 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

It's down to us at home to Keighley and Hunslet at home to Fev.
Hunslet win and we are down even if we win.
Hunslet lose and a BP will keep us up.
Squeaky bum time again next week.

If you win and Haven win you will be fine as well.

#67 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Barrow have now got to beat Keighley and Featherstone beat Hunslet. Barrow and Hunslet are both at home. The only away teams Keighley have beaten are Whitehaven & Swinton. Hunslets only home wins are Whitehaven,York & Doncaster. This doesn't mean a lot but I would take Barrow to save relegation.

Posted Image

#68 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

take the bonus point of Keighley and were guaranteed safety

#69 JC3

JC3
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Barrow have now got to beat Keighley and Featherstone beat Hunslet. Barrow and Hunslet are both at home. The only away teams Keighley have beaten are Whitehaven & Swinton. Hunslets only home wins are Whitehaven,York & Doncaster. This doesn't mean a lot but I would take Barrow to save relegation.

Why have Fev got to beat Hunslet? Won't Keighley go below us if we deny them a bonus point?

#70 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

The game against Keighley may turn out to be the most important this century.

#71 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Fev v Sheffield next Wednesday. That's a massive advantage for hunslet who will fancy their chances against Fev on Sunday ! It's all too much to take.

Posted Image

#72 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

if Fev beat Sheffield they will be either level on points (if they win by more than 12) or 1 point behind (12 or under) and hungry to beat Hunslet as they could still win the league.

Oh and we deserved a bonus point at least tonight. Swinton were the better attacking side but we blew 2 or 3 scoring opportunities with a pass to many.

The tackling in the 1st half from both sides was brilliant

Edited by morty, 22 August 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#73 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Getting nilled doesn't quite qualify you to suggest you deserved a bonus point.
The first half performance from both teams was quality with both defences on top.
After the break it's fair to say Swinton took control and our chances.

Fact is neither team deserves relegation and I sincerely hope that is the case.

#74 JC3

JC3
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Fact is neither team deserves relegation and I sincerely hope that is the case.

If a team isn't good enough over the course of the season, they deserve to go down. No arguments if we do

#75 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Really hope Barrow can stay up. But.........IF you do go down the club can hold it's head high having not 'whored' itself to a SL club.

The ideal scenario would be for both Hunslet and Swinton to go, although I think York are already doomed.

#76 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Really hope Barrow can stay up. But.........IF you do go down the club can hold it's head high having not 'whored' itself to a SL club.

The ideal scenario would be for both Hunslet and Swinton to go, although I think York are already doomed.

Oh please do me a favour...the team that beat you tonight had two DR's in it the rest were our players.

Sour grapes spring to mind.

#77 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

Oh please do me a favour...the team that beat you tonight had two DR's in it the rest were our players.

Sour grapes spring to mind.

Pretty sure you played Barrow not Fev tonight.

#78 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

cant believe tonights game . nil nil at half  time,have no idea to cross the line second half. players and coaches must take a good luck at themselves. we are actually worse team than last season, at least we had some ideas when we were 10 yards out and played something different. too predictable in game plan and this has to go down to coaching. we have no plan b or c if you want to argue  about it.

we got out played by a team who were below us in the league but even more a team who should never have been able to put 22 points into us after the first 40 mins with no reply.

no line breakers and no ideas . players who say they wont hang around if we go down  should think twice because a performance like tonight didn't put them in any shop windows apart from  one or two . only the discount bin. sorry.

#79 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Harsh...your not a bad side and your overlooking the fact that Swinton have hit form in the last six or seven games, to be honest realistically we would have been above you on Sunday night had we not lost in the last 20 seconds at Doncaster.

At the minute one of four teams could join York( who I think are possibly doomed now) so it's all still to play for.

#80 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Last 3 away games have been dismal only 2 tries in 240 mins and shipped plenty . Matches off the wall analysis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users