Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Barrow vs swinton predictions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Barrow have now got to beat Keighley and Featherstone beat Hunslet. Barrow and Hunslet are both at home. The only away teams Keighley have beaten are Whitehaven & Swinton. Hunslets only home wins are Whitehaven,York & Doncaster. This doesn't mean a lot but I would take Barrow to save relegation.

Hunslet also beat barrow didnt they on opening game, not that it says alot, almost every team has beat us at their place!

#82 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

Hunslet beat Workington at home aswell

Tom Heighton

#83 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hunslet beat Workington at home aswell

... and Keighley also won away at our place as well!

Looking at the table, is it not the case that you have to beat Keighley by more than 12 to guarantee staying up? If you let them get the bonus point you'll both be on 33 but they'll have the better points difference. Whatever happens to us and Swinton will then be irrelevant (for you lads at any rate!!)

#84 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Looking at the table, is it not the case that you have to beat Keighley by more than 12 to guarantee staying up? If you let them get the bonus point you'll both be on 33 but they'll have the better points difference. Whatever happens to us and Swinton will then be irrelevant (for you lads at any rate!!)

Correct mate

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#85 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Just a quick well done to you Barrow fans who made it down on a Thursday evening to watch a very close game between two old greats of the game. Your commitment to your club epitomises all that is good in rugby league.
Swinton had a bit of luck with the bounce of the ball but apparently we only missed 7 tackles all match so thats pretty exceptional. Plus we really have turned the corner in recent weeks and have at last got a settled team. Your boys had us all worried until the end.

For what its worth I thought Nicholson was highly impressive. How Leigh are letting him go is beyond me.

Good luck for whatever is in your future. I think for yourselves with your much more secure foundations relegation will not be as big as a disaster as it would be for us. Then again its not over yet so fingers crossed for you

Finally I hope Raiders96 enjoys the last week of school holidays and good luck at big school next term ;)

Edited by mark richardson, 23 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#86 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just a quick well done to you Barrow fans who made it down on a Thursday evening to watch a very close game between two old greats of the game. Your commitment to your club epitomises all that is good in rugby league.
Swinton had a bit of luck with the bounce of the ball but apparently we only missed 7 tackles all match so thats pretty exceptional. Plus we really have turned the corner in recent weeks and have at last got a settled team. Your boys had us all worried until the end.

For what its worth I thought Nicholson was highly impressive. How Leigh are letting him go is beyond me.

Good luck for whatever is in your future. I think for yourselves with your much more secure foundations relegation will not be as big as a disaster as it would be for us. Then again its not over yet so fingers crossed for you

Finally I hope Raiders96 enjoys the last week of school holidays and good luck at big school next term ;)

Come back when you've got your own ground mate....

#87 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Come back when you've got your own ground mate....

Point proven ha ha

#88 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Harsh, Raiders 96 has been through 2 world wars and retired over 30 years ago & you want him to go back teaching at his age !!!!!  behave yourself Mark.

#89 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Gutted !!!!!!! we simply ain't good enough we had plenty of possession in first half and couldn't do a thing  with it, I think that's been the story all season long

Worst defence & attack in the league says it all sadly, why travelling on a bus for a couple of hours leads to heavy losses bemuses me.

#90 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Worst defence & attack in the league says it all sadly, why travelling on a bus for a couple of hours leads to heavy losses bemuses me.

Because there's a difference between supporting a club and supporting a team.

The majority of people nowadays go to matches to support a team. The only thing they care about is the results. If they are bad they don't support the team, if they are good they will support the team it's as simple as that. We had around 1500 of these in 2009 who turned up to most games.

The thing I think our club has more of than any other teams in the division is people who support the club. When it gets tough people will still attend games as they are supporting Barrow. I think this is one of the reasons we didn't go down the DR route, it would of annoyed a lot of the loyal fans.

But the fact we actually have people who will actually get on the coach no matter who they are playing and support Barrow especially on a Thursday night when a defeat is likely is a great credit to our supporters.

Barrow has been one of the hardest clubs to support over the past 3 years due to what has gone on, but despite having a team with the worst attack and defence in the division we still average better than most teams in the league. It really speaks volumes of how good the support of the club is.

#91 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Harsh, Raiders 96 has been through 2 world wars and retired over 30 years ago & you want him to go back teaching at his age !!!!! behave yourself Mark.

Haha. Brilliant. Now Mick that IS banter.

#92 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Good post 'kid'. I love watching RL at any level but above all my own home team. If and it is if we get relegated it will make no difference to myself or my wife on whether to continue to buy season tickets.

Posted Image

#93 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

IF we go down we get to see a few new places and probably a few more wins and we can stop worrying about the floodlight fund.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#94 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

Point proven ha ha

Your getting a bit obsessed I'm worried..

#95 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

IF we go down we get to see a few new places and probably a few more wins and we can stop worrying about the floodlight fund.

Are you for real? give over

#96 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Are you for real? give over

Cogito ergo sum,
Putatis?
Always look on the bright side of life..... Dee dum, dee dum.

Edited by bearman, 24 August 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#97 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Because there's a difference between supporting a club and supporting a team.

The majority of people nowadays go to matches to support a team. The only thing they care about is the results. If they are bad they don't support the team, if they are good they will support the team it's as simple as that. We had around 1500 of these in 2009 who turned up to most games.

The thing I think our club has more of than any other teams in the division is people who support the club. When it gets tough people will still attend games as they are supporting Barrow. I think this is one of the reasons we didn't go down the DR route, it would of annoyed a lot of the loyal fans.

But the fact we actually have people who will actually get on the coach no matter who they are playing and support Barrow especially on a Thursday night when a defeat is likely is a great credit to our supporters.

Barrow has been one of the hardest clubs to support over the past 3 years due to what has gone on, but despite having a team with the worst attack and defence in the division we still average better than most teams in the league. It really speaks volumes of how good the support of the club is.

While your post is commendable, I think you got the wrong end of the stick,  the bus journey  jibe leading to big losses was aimed at the players not the supporters. 

While your post is commendable, I think you got the wrong end of the stick,  the bus journey  jibe leading to big losses was aimed at the players not the supporters. 

Edited by mick wilson, 27 August 2013 - 03:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users