Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Amateur Finals at the Rams this week

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

There's even more rugby league action at the Tetley's Stadium this week when local rivals lock horns on Wednesday in the John Kane and Jim Brown Cup Finals.

At 6.15pm Dewsbury Celtic "A" and Shaw Cross "A" take the field for the John Kane Cup Final followed by the Jim Brown Cup Final at 8pm which features Dewsbury Celtic and Thornhill Trojans.

Food will be available at the game and the Royal Suite will be open for spectators once you are inside the ground.

These local matches are guaranteed to serve up some passionate rugby and are the perfect appetiser for the crucial Rams v Doncaster game the following day which kicks off at 7.30pm

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Just an idea here but wouldn't it be a good idea to print some half price ticket vouchers or 5 pound in vouchers for Thursdays game with donny to give to people who pay in to watch the amatuer finals?? Would only create extra income for the club, can't see it losing is money? Worth a try surely? Or maybe even a free ticket to watch us against Doncaster?? Only an idea but surely worth a try by the club? We can't really lose money here can we?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 19 August 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#3 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just an idea here but wouldn't it be a good idea to print some half price ticket vouchers or 5 pound in vouchers for Thursdays game with donny to give to people who pay in to watch the amatuer finals?? Would only create extra income for the club, can't see it losing is money? Worth a try surely? Or maybe even a free ticket to watch us against Doncaster?? Only an idea but surely worth a try by the club? We can't really lose money here can we?

great idea as i could get another 2 people to come with me on thursday. when inside the ground they will most probably have a few beers etc.come on dewsbury make it happen as we need all the support we can

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's things like this that the club really need to do!! Won't cost much! Crowds have been poor this year which yes results have too but wev no development team no more and have never really ever had anyone appointed to get bums on seats. Wev no match day entertainment, not even the kiddy games pre match no more which always got afew extra in and for some reason this year the bring a mate for free and for a 5er in discount tickets for season ticket holders have been dropped. I honestly reckon this has had an affect on our crowds this year, not just poor results and performances.

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

If I was mark I'd actually make Thursdays match bring a mate for free too to season ticket holders or bring a mate for a fiver. If we announce it all early and all rally round we could all help get a good crowd in Thursday night and a good support for lads !! Big game Thursday!! But if the club agree to these ideas they need to announce it as soon as possible then we can all work on people and spread the word

#6 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

I agree that games like this should be incentivised and certainly given the amatuer finals the night before we could pick up a few floating supporters on the thursday but these things need to be worked out pre-season and budgeted for.

plenty of clubs run a Ladies Day, Family Day etc and i think we do miss out on that marketing angle, but last minute decisions make poor business decisions imho.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Speaking of floating supporters John north, where has John north been this year? ;) I agree with you there mate by the way!

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Got atleest 5 people who will go Thursday if its a fiver in who don't usually go or aint been for a while.. shame the clubs gone silent and lost abit of money. Imsure we could of easily made more money than we'd of lost and yeah I know dewsbury people are tight , but a fiver of them attending is better than them not at all. They'd defo buy a pint or 2.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 21 August 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#9 Townie

Townie
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Dewsbury Celtic won 28-12 bozo Boffin got the score wrong.

Dewsbury Rams win machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users