the unlucky 13

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dog80

dog80
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

When we have the 2 leagues of 12 thats 24 teams (my maths skills are excellent) at the moment there are 37 teams in super league,champ and champ 1. So what happens to the 13 unlucky ones do they get shoved into a league together and forgotten about? The thread on the 2 leagues will have the answer im sure but I cant be bothered to read though 75 pages to find it.

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

When we have the 2 leagues of 12 thats 24 teams (my maths skills are excellent) at the moment there are 37 teams in super league,champ and champ 1. So what happens to the 13 unlucky ones do they get shoved into a league together and forgotten about? The thread on the 2 leagues will have the answer im sure but I cant be bothered to read though 75 pages to find it.

The teams will be split into a north and south league. As for P&R I don't know.

#3 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

New team next season Coventry Bears. Discussions on going re the other 14.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

There will be P&R from the new Championship 1 into the 3x8 merry go round. That I am certain of.

Posted Image

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

There will be P&R from the new Championship 1 into the 3x8 merry go round. That I am certain of.

How will that work gav? Will their be 9 in the final 3x8? Or will the fifth team in SL2 not have to play in the final 3x8 which would make sense as they would definately not need to play in it as they would have none to no chance of being relegated.

Edited by thundergaz, 19 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Or will the fifth team in SL2 not have to play in the final 3x8 which would make sense as they would definately not need to play in it as they would have none to no chance of being relegated.

Not an option. That'd mean a whole half season of no rugby for that one team.

It's time to park the camels.

#7 dog80

dog80
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I hope it works out I really do. Good to hear that coventry are able to take a step up. Thats another area for league to grow in.

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

How will that work gav? Will their be 9 in the final 3x8? Or will the fifth team in SL2 not have to play in the final 3x8 which would make sense as they would definately not need to play in it as they would have none to no chance of being relegated.

Eh?

The bottom 8 will be battling to avoid a relegation spot to Championship 1 after the split.

Posted Image

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Eh?

The bottom 8 will be battling to avoid a relegation spot to Championship 1 after the split.

Lol gav silly me its just you threw me when you mentioned the 3x8 merry go round bit I thought you were referring to the champ team joining that. So I take it the new champ will be run like the new SL1 will be? Or will the top club just come up with no play offs?.

#10 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I hope it works out I really do. Good to hear that coventry are able to take a step up. Thats another area for league to grow in.

Marvellous, another place we have to trek to next year.

Loljk, I don't go to away games.

It's time to park the camels.

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Lol gav silly me its just you threw me when you mentioned the 3x8 merry go round bit I thought you were referring to the champ team joining that. So I take it the new champ will be run like the new SL1 will be? Or will the top club just come up with no play offs?.

Not sure on that one mate, although I would guess 1 automatic promo spot, with 1 promo spot to be won by a play-off series.

At least it gives the bottom 14 a full season I suppose!

Posted Image

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not sure on that one mate, although I would guess 1 automatic promo spot, with 1 promo spot to be won by a play-off series.

At least it gives the bottom 14 a full season I suppose!

Yeah true but I'm just glad there will be P&R for the champ clubs to get into SL2. By the way hope your club stays up this season mate.

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

. B)

Edited by Griff, 20 August 2013 - 11:38 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users