League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RL Challenge Cup Final, Hull FC v Wigan Warriors, 24/8/2013, KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

Poll: RL Cup Final Hull FC v Wigan Warriors (70 member(s) have cast votes)

The dream...who will you be cheering for?

1. Hull FC (42 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Wigan Warriors (15 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Not bothered as long as it's a good game. (13 votes [18.57%])

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

The reality...who do you think will win?

1. Hull FC (31 votes [44.29%])

Percentage of vote: 44.29%

2. Wigan Warriors (33 votes [47.14%])

Percentage of vote: 47.14%

3. The sport of RL as it'll be like1985 all over again. (6 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Thought this match thread ought to be posted a bit earlier than usual with it being one of the two major showpiece occasions in English club rugby.  ;)

So who will you be cheering for but also,  who do think will win. I'll be interested in seeing which has the higher percentage as I reckon most will be rooting for Hull but when the harsh reality kicks in, most will probably reckon on it being a Pies victory.  :(

So which "most" will be higher?

Obviously I'll be shouting for the black and whites but, sadly, I think the bigger match experience and overall quality will see Wigoon home. I know the Pies haven't been at their best recently but that will all be forgotten if they perform as they can on Saturday.

My only hope is that Hull tackle their hearts out and frustrate Wigan and take whatever chances come their way to sneak a famous win

Oh, and that there is little mention of Phil Bentham after the 80mins is up.

In summing up, I hope everyone has a terrific time and we all come away from Wembley Stadium once again, reflecting on what a fantastic sport we are lucky enough to follow.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

I want hull to win and I think they will win it. Hull by 6.

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Like 2005 I've put my money on Hull FC 5/2 is good odds and I really really really really want an FC win.

Mrs Jones has made it clear she'll be cheering for Wigan, she's from Stafford originally and doesn't understand the rivalry Wigan / Wires. Silly women!!

Going down Thursday night and really looking forward to the game as a neutral, I'll be able to take in the atmosphere and relax.

To both sets of fans, enjoy and safe trip down the big smoke. May the best team win.
  • Ant likes this

#4 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'll be at Wembley cheering on Hull. Really looking forward to it and catching up with a couple of people. Front row of the upper tier... should be fun! Well, that is if my ticket actually arrives?! :angry:

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Very much looking forward to this one. It's going to be a very hard one to call.

I'm going to go Wigan by 4.

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Like 2005 I've put my money on Hull FC 5/2

You could have had 3s.

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

Wigan have been awful for the last few weeks and Hull have been getting better week by week.

I can't see Wigan turning it around unless someone has an outstanding individual performance, Lockers will probably turn out so that will be a blessing.

If I'm going to Wembley to watch Wigan lose, which I probably am, then I would probably prefer it to be to Hull rather than anyone else, though I didn't mind Sheffield beating us.

If its half as good as 85 it will be a cracker.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I am mature enough these days(took a long time) to be nuetral and hope a great game to credit the sport.Very interesting Hull are in form and Wigan still have the game winners.I think Wigan by 8.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Early train to London on Saturday, a few prematch beverages, cheering for Hull, back to the pub to celebrate FC's first ever victory at Wembley and late train back to Swindon.

A good day will be had!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#10 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

http://vimeo.com/72647243

BBC Challenge Cup video.

#11 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

dont forget friday night lights eve of Challenge Cup 23rd aug - skolars v crusaders - 6.30 

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#12 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I will be cheering for Hull as old rivalries are set aside and the Hull / Yorkshire loyalties kick in.

Will be nice to see the prima donnas at Wigan...players and fans...worried that their team are no longer the league champions or odds on favourites at Wembley even when playing a team likely to end up in 8th position.

It will be sad to see the record at Wembley broken but all good things must end sometime. If Hull win they will still have to live with the fact that they have never beaten Rovers at Wembley. If they lose then expect all Rovers fans to rehearse another chorus of Old Faithful for any play off clash.

Focus must now be on who actually plays for Hull, and whether some of the players are carrying injuries or are not match fit...Richard Horne... Wigan may just get lucky...

Come on ye Hull.

#13 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

I will be cheering for Hull as old rivalries are set aside and the Hull / Yorkshire loyalties kick in.

Will be nice to see the prima donnas at Wigan...players and fans...worried that their team are no longer the league champions or odds on favourites at Wembley even when playing a team likely to end up in 8th position.

It will be sad to see the record at Wembley broken but all good things must end sometime. If Hull win they will still have to live with the fact that they have never beaten Rovers at Wembley. If they lose then expect all Rovers fans to rehearse another chorus of Old Faithful for any play off clash.

Focus must now be on who actually plays for Hull, and whether some of the players are carrying injuries or are not match fit...Richard Horne... Wigan may just get lucky...

Come on ye Hull.

Thanks for that after what I posted you fkin twot

Edited by Padge, 19 August 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#14 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

behave....very sensitive all of a sudden. Its called rivalry......you expect to win and we expect you to win but we do like to have a dig!

#15 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

I want rugby league to win and I'm in no doubt Wigan and hull FC will not let us down and serve up a cracker, got a sneaky feeling hull FC will do the business though.

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for that after what I posted you fkin twot

Nothing like a prima donna response to prove you're not one. And one swallow certainly wouldn't make a summer as far as Wigan fans are concerned.

Come on Hull. I think they will do it, by 7.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#17 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

behave....very sensitive all of a sudden. Its called rivalry......you expect to win and we expect you to win but we do like to have a dig!

That's why they don't understand a proper derby Steve ;)

Edited by deluded pom?, 20 August 2013 - 06:07 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#18 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

dont forget friday night lights eve of Challenge Cup 23rd aug - skolars v crusaders - 6.30 

Or the RL World Cup day in Trafalgar Square 10:00 to 16:00 I think

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#19 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

If this game had been played just 4 weeks earlier almost everyone would have been tipping Wigan for the win. However the respective form of the two teams has shifted somewhat in the last few weeks. Rugby League is a game of confidence and self belief, so current form should favour Hull. However Wigan have the big match experience to fall back on having appeared in more finals than Hull in the last few years. Those balancing factors could make for a good, close game.

If (and its a BIG if) Wigan can rediscover their long lost form from earlier in the season and manage to win this game they may kick on and go all the way in the play offs. This one game could be Wigans season.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Well, whoever wins will have to be on top form, as I can't see either side leaving anything out there.
This should be an epic match. Our girl's signed top came in the post yesterday, for the little Exiles its their first Wembley (though I had to throw in a trip to Hamley's to clinch the deal), just as mine was in 85. It has all the ingredients of a great game - less than a score in it, and I'll be chewing on my tutu with tension by the final hooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users