TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Super League 2014 for Fev ?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is someone going to fold ?

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12066

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I like the way he takes the credit for the last three years.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

BBC Sport today:

Featherstone are ready to take the place of London Broncos if they pull out of Super League next season.

The Broncos, whose lease at the Twickenham Stoop runs out this year, played their final home game last Saturday without making any reference to their home venue for 2014 and have yet to announce any signings for next year despite losing at least eight players from their current squad.

"Whilst not ideal, we can be ready to mix with the greats of rugby league," Rovers' majority shareholder Feisal Nahaboo says. "We certainly deserve it. We've won the league three years on a trot and this year's shield is in our hands. Statistics don't lie and it would be farcical if space became available and we weren't offered entry."

#4 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Where exactly in that post does he take the credit?

#5 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

If we get into SL he can take credit for the last 30.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#6 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

You have to read the post looking through green tinted glasses.

#7 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

BBC Sport today:
Featherstone[/size] are ready to take the place of London Broncos if they pull out of Super League next season.[/size]

The Broncos, whose lease at the Twickenham Stoop runs out this year, played their final home game last Saturday without making any reference to their home venue for 2014 and have yet to announce any signings for next year despite losing at least eight players from their current squad.[/size]
Good point. I wonder who will be holding the funds under the escrow account. If we donm't get into SL what happens to them. Indeed are there any more conditions attached?

"Whilst not ideal, we can be ready to mix with the greats of rugby league," Rovers' majority shareholder Feisal Nahaboo says. "We certainly deserve it. We've won the league three years on a trot and this year's shield is in our hands. Statistics don't lie and it would be farcical if space became available and we weren't offered entry."[/size]

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Third attempt. Computer gone crazy. I wonder who the third party is who is holding the escrow account and what are the conditions for release if we don't get into SL.

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Where he says "We've won the league three years on the trot."

#10 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Third attempt. Computer gone crazy. I wonder who the third party is who is holding the escrow account and what are the conditions for release if we don't get into SL.

"We could if it ever became a criteria". We don't have one and don't need one, I think it is just a comment that we could deposit a "bond" with the RFL to prove our potential finances if required.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#11 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

You have won the league leaders shield 3 Years, not grand final, not northern rail cup final. Besides, the pitch would need to be Flat to be taken seriously. The ground is coming on nicely though so well done with that. It's Cas who should be bricking it. Besides with the new restructure you would be mad to even try to eat in for 2014, prepare and build next year in time for 2015

#12 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

You have won the league leaders shield 3 Years, not grand final, not northern rail cup final. Besides, the pitch would need to be Flat to be taken seriously. The ground is coming on nicely though so well done with that. It's Cas who should be bricking it. Besides with the new restructure you would be mad to even try to eat in for 2014, prepare and build next year in time for 2015

Parchute payment for the relegated team?  Might make sound financial sense to have a go now, pocket the cash and build again for promotion in 2015/16

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I don't know what will happen next year but as we all know these people on board are now helping the existing board members to realise there ambitions of the club will come true If they all stick together and do the right thing and us supporters continue to watch this team together we will get there that's for sure

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

You have to read the post looking through green tinted glasses.

We had a big backer once.  He took us to Huddersfield.

No envy here, believe me.

#15 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

[quote name="Griff" post="2771757" timestamp="1377005962"]

We had a big backer once. He took us to Huddersfield.

No envy here, believe me.[/quote

To be honest he didnt have much to take , we have plenty going in our favour , own stadium , multi backers , an a lot more

Edited by dydo, 20 August 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#16 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

With a 7 figure sum behind us, levelling the pitch would be small fry.

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

To be honest he didnt have much to take , we have plenty going in our favour , own stadium , multi backers , an a lot more

Good luck.

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Good luck.

Thank you

#19 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Where he says "We've won the league three years on the trot."

Not "I've won the league three years on the trot", then? He's speaking on behalf of the club, not himself.

#20 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Small fry to level the pitch ?. Why aren't you doing it then ?. You will not/can not be given a go in 2014 simples. The RFL can't just say come on Fev your in. Too many implications for the RFL. As licensing isn't scrapped and we are still in a licensing period until 2015 I'm afraid Fax are the only ones who would be able to as they went through the process. I don't want them to, prefer to wait 2015 and everyone starts fair and square.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users