Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League 2014 for Fev ?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Small fry to level the pitch ?. Why aren't you doing it then ?. You will not/can not be given a go in 2014 simples. The RFL can't just say come on Fev your in. Too many implications for the RFL. As licensing isn't scrapped and we are still in a licensing period until 2015 I'm afraid Fax are the only ones who would be able to as they went through the process. I don't want them to, prefer to wait 2015 and everyone starts fair and square.

why should,nt Feth get in its obvious they are the only team who can secure the funding so if London do fold then let Feth give it a go why be so negative.
chappy

#22 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

As you know the RFL can do what they want especially if the S/L clubs agree

#23 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Suzzy, take the rosé tinted glasses off and have a think. Fev have not gone through the process in a licensing period. Fax have, Fev don't have a stadium fit yet, fax have. Fev get given a go and 1.3 million quid to have a go. Get established with players for the year after, get relegated with a parachute payment of 650k + go into the new structure ahead of all the others with RFL hand puts more than the others. Leigh or fax chairmen take exception to this and seek legal advice.

The RFL will put Toulouse in first, they will then let championship fight it out next year with the same salary cap. 300k then after 2014 the new structure will be set and everyone played fair.

How are Fev going full time next year on 300k cap ?. 15k each. I don't think.

#24 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Oh dear.

Maybe this guy will rename Featherstone as 'cloud cuckoo land' while hes at it and buy the souls of everyone living in the village.

Can see the wheels coming spectacularly off this wagon in the near future.

Edited by buford t justice, 20 August 2013 - 06:00 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Suzzy, take the rosé tinted glasses off and have a think. Fev have not gone through the process in a licensing period. Fax have, Fev don't have a stadium fit yet, fax have. Fev get given a go and 1.3 million quid to have a go. Get established with players for the year after, get relegated with a parachute payment of 650k + go into the new structure ahead of all the others with RFL hand puts more than the others. Leigh or fax chairmen take exception to this and seek legal advice.

The RFL will put Toulouse in first, they will then let championship fight it out next year with the same salary cap. 300k then after 2014 the new structure will be set and everyone played fair.

How are Fev going full time next year on 300k cap ?. 15k each. I don't think.

If your throwing snowballs here's some back. Fev own their own ground fax don't. Fev will have a centre of excellence soon fax won't. Fev have junior set ups all the way through fax don't. The pitch will be getting levelled. Also their is only 17 players next season going full time.

#26 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Fax you silly man, you haven't applied in the licensing period. Well done, you own a in level pitch with unfinished second hand stands. You have a centre of excellence on its way. Junior set up, you've no chance of super league then. I'm not getting in a childish ###### for tat penis measuring contest because frankly gaz, once you get to puberty we can talk like adults. You can also choose to ignore the fact the cap is still 300k and that cannot sustain any kind of full time environment. Don't let that spoil your party though!!.

#27 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Gaz you silly boy, you haven't applied in the licensing period. Well done, you own a unlevel pitch with unfinished second hand stands. You have a centre of excellence on its way. Junior set up, you've no chance of super league then. I'm not getting in a childish ###### for tat penis measuring contest because frankly gaz, once you get to puberty we can talk like adults. You can also choose to ignore the fact the cap is still 300k and that my friend is a 17,650 annual salary gross before tax and your cap is then full. I hope you have a injury free season and look forward to the fact you will not be able to sign anymore players. At least feisel can afford the fine for cap breach.

Edited by Ackropj, 20 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Oh dear.
Maybe this guy will rename Featherstone as 'cloud cuckoo land' while hes at it and buy the souls of everyone living in the village.
Can see the wheels coming spectacularly off this wagon in the near future.

To be fair btj.... those suspicions have been levelled at fev for the last three years..... the wheels still look fairly well balanced thus far..... see how it goes eh?
If it turns to sheeite my dreams n hopes are dashed. but, so far at least, the numbers look good

Edited by Robin Evans, 20 August 2013 - 06:29 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#29 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Gaz you silly boy, you haven't applied in the licensing period. Well done, you own a unlevel pitch with unfinished second hand stands. You have a centre of excellence on its way. Junior set up, you've no chance of super league then. I'm not getting in a childish ###### for tat penis measuring contest because frankly gaz, once you get to puberty we can talk like adults. You can also choose to ignore the fact the cap is still 300k and that my friend is a 17,650 annual salary gross before tax and your cap is then full. I hope you have a injury free season and look forward to the fact you will not be able to sign anymore players. At least feisel can afford the fine for cap breach.

Where once in my post did I say we were ready for SL? I was just counter acting your pro fax post as you were stating fax deserve SL more than Fev which is quite the opposite. Yes you did apply for a licence but failed miserably. Oh and yes wasn't this meant to be the year of the fax? Maybe next year eh?.

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Gi it a rest gaz....... ya soundin daft....
He's put some objective opposition forrad. Agree or disagree..... and its fine to disagree..... just give the dik measuring a miss and you're post might make more sense!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 20 August 2013 - 06:35 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#31 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ok gaz. Playing your pathetic games, where did I say fax deserve SL more than Fev, I layed some facts in the table. Like it or lump it, that's what they were. Your statement of 17 full time players next year is riddled with holes which I pointed out. If your able, do the math. 300k cap doesn't fit. Year of the fax wasnt me that said it was it ?. Sweet Jesus, not exactly rolling In silverware aren't Fev are they.

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ok gaz. Playing your pathetic games, where did I say fax deserve SL more than Fev, I layed some facts in the table. Like it or lump it, that's what they were. Your statement of 17 full time players next year is riddled with holes which I pointed out. If your able, do the math. 300k cap doesn't fit. Year of the fax wasnt me that said it was it ?. Sweet Jesus, not exactly rolling In silverware aren't Fev are they.

Ok fair doos. I thought you were a fax fan trying to slag our club off. I take it back. Right I agree with some of your points especially the one where you said if we went in SL now we would have funding and an head start etc. (which wouldn't be fair). The full time bit I see your point too but its the club that as stated 17 players will be full time next season not me but maybe the win bonus will be huge to cover the low full time salaries but I don't know. It will be hard to run a full time squad on the budget I agree but the club are going ahead with it apparently so we will see I guess.

#33 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Gaz. I am a fax fan first and foremost but I dont have this deep hatred for all things Fev, rivalry, you bet. However that's as far as it goes. Honestly I would love to see both teams in SL in the near future, when everything is all fair, square and transparent from the RFL then maybe all the dik measuring from all clubs will stop. A very interesting few years to come and so far, Fev are getting on with it and doing all the right things as far as I can see, I do honestly think though that this could be just what the RFL want, drop London for Toulouse who will then pay top whack to the RFL for broadcasting rights. Toulouse have been courting the fat cats for too long for nothing to come to fruition.

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Gaz. I am a fax fan first and foremost but I dont have this deep hatred for all things Fev, rivalry, you bet. However that's as far as it goes. Honestly I would love to see both teams in SL in the near future, when everything is all fair, square and transparent from the RFL then maybe all the dik measuring from all clubs will stop. A very interesting few years to come and so far, Fev are getting on with it and doing all the right things as far as I can see, I do honestly think though that this could be just what the RFL want, drop London for Toulouse who will then pay top whack to the RFL for broadcasting rights. Toulouse have been courting the fat cats for too long for nothing to come to fruition.

Very true I also believe Toulouse would be the first port of call. But in all honesty they would have to give them x amount of years exempt from relegation like they did with Catalans. So with P&R coming back I doubt the wakeys. HKRs, Widnes's and Bradford's would be too happy about that. But its the RFL we are talking about here anything could happen.But after all these years we've had to endure in the champ I would love it in the first season of P&R if us, eagles, fax and Leigh all went up in that first season( very unlikely I know but what a statement it would make to the powers that be that kept us all out for this long).

Edited by thundergaz, 20 August 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#35 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

It has already been categorically stated by the RFL that Toulouse will start in SL2 in 2015 so you can take them out of the equation. They'd have even less chance than us of putting a squad together for 2014 as far as I can see.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#36 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

At this stage IMHO no championship club can put together a squad now for next year. That would win more than 2 games.

Edited by Ackropj, 20 August 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#37 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

At this stage IMHO no championship club can put together a squad now for next year. That would win more than 2 games.

Weve done quite a few things in our long famous history that a lot of people couldnt see coming , we beat c@s last year and give wigan a game , to name a couple of the most recent

#38 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Toulouse would be the obvious choice, but wouldn't it be ironic if Fev replaced London? After all, it was Fev that had to give way for them when Super League was set up! If fair play was the order of the day, then Fev would be the obvious choice, bearing in mind the broken promise that as they were the highest placed club to be left out, they would be included if any of the clubs folded. But when has fair play ever been applied when it comes to Super League?

It could all be hype on Faisal's part, because if the club didn't show they were trying then the year-on-year increase in crowd growth might grind to a halt, or even go backwards like it did at Fax?

As far as the salary cap goes, how many players at clubs like Fax and Fev have their wages topped up through community work? A club could employ more out of their own pockets if there were sufficient part time jobs around the stadium. The Bigfellas Stadium is a hive of activity every weekday, with training courses, special events and local initiatives. I have a feeling that many of the so-called full time players will have their rugby wages topped up by doing other work funded from a seperate purse? 

#39 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Interesting.

I'd be surprised if London bow out - I mean I'd be surprised if they are allowed to bow out. This, if it happened, would make a few suits look like they don't know what they are doing in terms of monitoring teams compliance to Supa Dupa League rules.

Mind you - has fallen down before in France, Wales and London. Bradford had their issues earlier this year and rumours regularly surface about other clubs in possible breach of salary cap etc.

We have been the most consistent club over last few years by a country mile. Are we ready for SL?

Concerns on the pitch; when we move the playing surface towards the new stand wouldn't that be the ideal time to level the pitch? Never mind most of the above - I really doubt London will go!

#40 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hope you lot get super league, use deserve it and IMO should of got it instead of Widnes