Super League 2014 for Fev ?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hope you lot get super league, use deserve it and IMO should of got it instead of Widnes

This publicity has served its purpose and has got people talking about Fev again..Good and bad its even overshadowed the cup final; Excellent PR work; Thanks raiders96 a comment that doesn't smack of the green eyed monster; Good luck to Barrow in your quest to stay up;

#42 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

... Fev have not gone through the process in a licensing period. Fax have, .....

Maybe you could remind us all of the RFL's summary on 'Fax's application?

#43 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Can anyone see the obvious issue in this article from the yep? :lol:

http://www.yorkshire...oncos-1-5970755

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#44 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Who's won the penis measuring competition? I've just bought a vernier to join in if I'm not too late.

#45 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Can anyone see the obvious issue in this article from the yep? :lol:

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Who subedits this rubbish ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#46 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Who subedits this rubbish ?

I think the phrase you're looking for is "archive photograph". :lol: 

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think the phrase you're looking for is "archive photograph". :lol:

Oh - it's blue and white -  what's the problem ? :lol:

Edited by Griff, 21 August 2013 - 11:17 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#48 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Toulouse would be the obvious choice, but wouldn't it be ironic if Fev replaced London? After all, it was Fev that had to give way for them when Super League was set up! If fair play was the order of the day, then Fev would be the obvious choice, bearing in mind the broken promise that as they were the highest placed club to be left out, they would be included if any of the clubs folded. But when has fair play ever been applied when it comes to Super League?

It could all be hype on Faisal's part, because if the club didn't show they were trying then the year-on-year increase in crowd growth might grind to a halt, or even go backwards like it did at Fax?

As far as the salary cap goes, how many players at clubs like Fax and Fev have their wages topped up through community work? A club could employ more out of their own pockets if there were sufficient part time jobs around the stadium. The Bigfellas Stadium is a hive of activity every weekday, with training courses, special events and local initiatives. I have a feeling that many of the so-called full time players will have their rugby wages topped up by doing other work funded from a seperate purse? 

Always happened, Steve. Players on legal wages being made up by wives holding "cleaning, catering and admin"jobs.

#49 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

For people whose eyes are not as good as they were, is the photograph taken in London? Big coincidence then.

#50 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

For people whose eyes are not as good as they were, is the photograph taken in London? Big coincidence then.

Apart from the obvious Blue and White issue.

#51 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Dunno, but it was certainly taken before he arrived at Fev. ;) 

Please view my photos.

#52 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Who's won the penis measuring competition? I've just bought a vernier to join in if I'm not too late.

Hope it has a depth gauge on it.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#53 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Rangi Chase to Fev

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#54 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Iv heard off a mutual friend of ours you were the longest in the shower at school mate

#55 FaxMachine

FaxMachine
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Dubai, I believe.

#56 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Dubai, I believe.

The YEP man making such a mistake may have been suffering from QATAR. So it's Dubai to him. Hope Feisal didn't make a wrong turning and should have been at Halifax all the time.

#57 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Always happened, Steve. Players on legal wages being made up by wives holding "cleaning, catering and admin"jobs.

Or jobs working for directors of clubs, Bob! In the mid seventies I worked with a guy who was best mate of Phil Brunt, the Cas Vice-Chairman at the time. He told me that Steve "Knocker" Norton used to "work" on one of his gangs in his building firm. Let's just say he did a little bit of work for him, but it kept him at Cas for a while. Similar stuff went on at most of the big clubs with star players before full-time came in.

#58 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Iv heard off a mutual friend of ours you were the longest in the shower at school mate

He definitely meant time wise I think Dave.

#59 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

It has already been categorically stated by the RFL that Toulouse will start in SL2 in 2015 so you can take them out of the equation. They'd have even less chance than us of putting a squad together for 2014 as far as I can see.

Pie in the sky for 2014 IMO. Never mind what the RL have stated, I do believe that Toulouse will be allowed in, along with the non relegation clause as per Catalans. They will replace the Broncos and I am positive that the RL would not be too disappointed to lose such as Wakefield and probably other clubs who are living in the "grey" area, financially.

I believe that in the future, the RL and Sky, require only the selected top dogs in SL, the others making up a seperate league.

#60 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think you may of been right in the past but looks like common sense is coming back into it If your good enough your going to get the chance like everyone else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users