Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League 2014 for Fev ?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Pie in the sky for 2014 IMO. Never mind what the RL have stated, I do believe that Toulouse will be allowed in, along with the non relegation clause as per Catalans. They will replace the Broncos and I am positive that the RL would not be too disappointed to lose such as Wakefield and probably other clubs who are living in the "grey" area, financially.
I believe that in the future, the RL and Sky, require only the selected top dogs in SL, the others making up a seperate league.

Can't see it Bob. I went to the RFL consultation meeting a few weeks ago and Rimmer stated that Toulouse will definitely enter the competition in SL2. How will they assemble a squad fit for SL1 in time for next season?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#62 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can't see it Bob. I went to the RFL consultation meeting a few weeks ago and Rimmer stated that Toulouse will definitely enter the competition in SL2. How will they assemble a squad fit for SL1 in time for next season?

By the same token,Terry, how could Fev assemble one?. 

#63 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just what I have been saying, they can't, it's just PR by nahaboo. Nothing wrong with stating your intentions though.

#64 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

If say fev get in for next season? lose 80% of their games and finish bottom and so start the new 12 - 8 split format in 2015 in the second division would they get parachute payments?

Basically is it financially better for fev to be in SL next season whether we are ready or not?   Obviously Feisal says there's be investment for players etc if we were in SL but we'd also get more sky money.

I'm skeptical we'd be let in anyway but i think a year playing at a higher level would be far better preparation for the new format coming in so i hope we do!!!!

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

It'll be reight. One way or t'other. ... sooner or later...
One hopes we'll get an opportunity.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just what I have been saying, they can't, it's just PR by nahaboo. Nothing wrong with stating your intentions though.

absolutely!
Fired up the media and gave us all a bit of a buzz!
Winner all round.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#67 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

True! Many of our established fans say they're not bothered about SL, and some say they'd rather not have it, but many of the new fans might turn away again if it didn't look like we were pulling out all the stops in an effort to get there? If we try and fail, they will have something to moan about and stay with us, but if we don't try, human nature will take over!

#68 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

As a Swinton fan with no axe to grind, here's my two-penneth on this interesting debate. As SL is looking to reduce to 12 clubs, if London fold there's no reason to replace them at all for 2014. I'm sure SL clubs would prefer to keep London's share of Sky cash in-house and go with 13 teams. Then next year we could try something really novel. i.e. whoever wins our league gets promoted! (provided clearly stated minimum standards are met). With 2 down from SL. This would tie in with the 2015 licensing agreement & no championship club would have gained an unfair advantage. I just hope my team is still in the division!

#69 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

By the same token,Terry, how could Fev assemble one?.

It would be very difficult Bob, I agree, but I think considerably more so for Toulouse given the poor standard of French RL. We'd struggle, no doubt about it if we were given the go ahead but if we were relegated we'd at least start the 2015 season with the highest level of central funding so nothing to lose in my opinion. They'll probably stick to 13 teams anyway for next year.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#70 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

It would be very difficult Bob, I agree, but I think considerably more so for Toulouse given the poor standard of French RL. We'd struggle, no doubt about it if we were given the go ahead but if we were relegated we'd at least start the 2015 season with the highest level of central funding so nothing to lose in my opinion. They'll probably stick to 13 teams anyway for next year.

aye, Tetty and take an extra slice of Sky money into the bargain. The less, the merrier for those top established teams.

#71 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

If they stick to 13 teams, I wonder if they'll divide London's share of Sky money between themselves, or whether they'll do the sensible thing and save it over until 2015, so there's more to go round in the interim restructure? 

#72 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

If they stick to 13 teams, I wonder if they'll divide London's share of Sky money between themselves, or whether they'll do the sensible thing and save it over until 2015, so there's more to go round in the interim restructure?

To be hoped they don't divide London's gate money between themselves or else they'll end up owing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users