Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tour to Scandinavia

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hello,

There have been several clubs spring up in Scandinavia.  Lund (Sweden), Randers (Denmark) and Copenhagen all have their attractions to any club looking to tour and there would be a warm welcome.

Let me know if your club would be interested, as we start planning the 2014 season soon.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Steve

facebook.com/danmarkrugbyleague

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 scottswed

scottswed
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

#3 scottswed

scottswed
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

#4 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Tip for you Steve; get some prices for peopke tee'd up to make it easy; when we go to Serbia we just pay the Serbian RFL a price per head to cover bed, 3x meals, transfers and transport to games. Then clubs or organisations just have to work out their airfares.

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Doesn't the RFL have to sanction these type of games ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes, once someobody makes an application for a particular game to go ahead - you don't need to sanction a potential game.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#7 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Indeed.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Indeed.

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

Both countries are members of the RLEF so this should be OK. Scandanavia is growing quite nicely. Not too quickly and building a nice tri-series international rivalry.

#10 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

do they play in summer or winter Lol

#11 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Winter rugby in Tromso. Even hardy Yorkshire folk might have problems with the ice.

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

We give winter a miss down here, as pitches are not available.  Otherwise, we would happily play year round.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#13 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

A single flight from Liverpool to Copenhagen starts from 25GBP. 

Accommodation in the centre of town from our recommended hostel;

http://generatorhost...ons/copenhagen/

#14 Gungha Din

Gungha Din
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Has there been any interest in tours to Scandinavia since these posts guys?
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users