Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tour to Scandinavia

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hello,

There have been several clubs spring up in Scandinavia.  Lund (Sweden), Randers (Denmark) and Copenhagen all have their attractions to any club looking to tour and there would be a warm welcome.

Let me know if your club would be interested, as we start planning the 2014 season soon.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Steve

facebook.com/danmarkrugbyleague

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 scottswed

scottswed
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

#3 scottswed

scottswed
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Good initiative Steve. Allow me to correct you though. Skåne Crusaders are in Lund (southern Sweden) and we also have Kungsbacka Broncos (Gothenburg area)

#4 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Tip for you Steve; get some prices for peopke tee'd up to make it easy; when we go to Serbia we just pay the Serbian RFL a price per head to cover bed, 3x meals, transfers and transport to games. Then clubs or organisations just have to work out their airfares.

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Doesn't the RFL have to sanction these type of games ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yes, once someobody makes an application for a particular game to go ahead - you don't need to sanction a potential game.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#7 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Indeed.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Indeed.

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

I was only asking because a few years ago clubs got stopped from going to Holland to play games when that country seemed to be more advanced than a few others who started popping up.

Both countries are members of the RLEF so this should be OK. Scandanavia is growing quite nicely. Not too quickly and building a nice tri-series international rivalry.

#10 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

do they play in summer or winter Lol

#11 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Winter rugby in Tromso. Even hardy Yorkshire folk might have problems with the ice.

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

We give winter a miss down here, as pitches are not available.  Otherwise, we would happily play year round.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#13 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

A single flight from Liverpool to Copenhagen starts from 25GBP. 

Accommodation in the centre of town from our recommended hostel;

http://generatorhost...ons/copenhagen/

#14 Gungha Din

Gungha Din
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Has there been any interest in tours to Scandinavia since these posts guys?
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users