TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Crossley

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Just been announced that Steve Crossley as committed himself to the club till the end of the 2016 season.
Im Fev and im proud

#2 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Great news having a fantastic season so far.

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12069

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Great news having a fantastic season so far.

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12069

At least my kit sponsorship hasn't deterred him, as in others at some point :-)
Im Fev and im proud

#4 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Pleased to hear that. An outstanding forward in the "old fashioned" mould. Last player I sponsored was an Aussie, or was he from N. Zealand?. However he played full back, just the two games and then returned home. Just my luck. Was about six or seven years ago. Hands across the water and all that. 

Edited by Bob Crowther, 20 August 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Great news Fev and thanks Steve for choosing to stay with us when other clubs were available
Keep the good news coming

#6 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

he didn't choose it was Poskitt.....he fought off every Super League and NRL club as he does with every re-signed or signed player lol......he ought to set up a business doing it freelance for every other club !! he's so persuasive !! on a serious note Steve Crossley is a great Kid and will only get better....well done.

Having already lauded his praises, he is one of the best props in the Championship. Can think of only a couple who are on a par.

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Forget finny this is the contract I was really waiting for. With engy going this contract is massive. Great news.

#8 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Having already lauded his praises, he is one of the best props in the Championship. Can think of only a couple who are on a par.

HE is becoming the complete prop forward. Always had the work rate and go-forward, but now he is developing a passing game as shown by his involvement in all of Lockwood's tries on Sunday.

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Forget finny this is the contract I was really waiting for. With engy going this contract is massive. Great news.

Forget Finny? have a day off Gaz.
1) Who's going to be skipper?
2) What's point having a great pack setting a platform only to have an ineffective scrum half. If you don't believe me cast your mind back to the. 94/95 season. We had Casey, Gunn, Molloy, Gary H Price,Divet and Tuuta, but look how that season was so disappointing because we had a scrum half called....oh hang on..can't quite remember.

In my humble opinion the Half Backs are equally as important to sort out.

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

2) What's point having a great pack setting a platform only to have an ineffective scrum half. If you don't believe me cast your mind back to the. 94/95 season. We had Casey, Gunn, Molloy, Gary H Price,Divet and Tuuta, but look how that season was so disappointing because we had a scrum half called....oh hang on..can't quite remember.

I'm not saying Liam isn't any good Andrew. I just think we've had the best years out of Liam and I think crossley as got a lot more good years left in him for us.i agree we need a quality replacement for Liam though. Also I don't know why fax are signing our players (if the rumours are true) because these players don't want to go full time by the looks of it and I reckon fax will be going full time the season after next. So why sign these players on just for one season? As they won't come cheap either.I also don't think Liam is SL quality as he as no pace and he's not getting any younger. Where as crossley is/will be SL class. We can't take Liam into SL but we can take crossley. We are building towards getting into SL and Liam will not be part of that so why keep him on any longer? If he goes he maybe will be missed but we have replaced class players over the last few years so I don't see Liam leaving being any different.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 August 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#11 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

I agree. But there is a strong feeling that he is going anyway in spite of what fans say. Batley man in next season?
I totally agree

#12 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Totally agree Gaz 

#13 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Totally agree Gaz 

Delighted with signing....agree but we do need Finney just as much. (Should 'ave put with original post)

#14 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm not saying Liam isn't any good Andrew. I just think we've had the best years out of Liam and I think crossley as got a lot more good years left in him for us.i agree we need a quality replacement for Liam though. Also I don't know why fax are signing our players (if the rumours are true) because these players don't want to go full time by the looks of it and I reckon fax will be going full time the season after next. So why sign these players on just for one season? As they won't come cheap either.I also don't think Liam is SL quality as he as no pace and he's not getting any younger. Where as crossley is/will be SL class. We can't take Liam into SL but we can take crossley. We are building towards getting into SL and Liam will not be part of that so why keep him on any longer? If he goes he maybe will be missed but we have replaced class players over the last few years so I don't see Liam leaving being any different.

Gaz. Lad thas a lot to say for an armchair supporter
Im Fev and im proud

#15 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

I also don't think Liam is SL quality as he as no pace and he's not getting any younger.

name me a player who's getting younger?
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

name me a player who's getting younger?

Benjamin Button

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users