Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NWCL

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#201 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Eccles were only running a team in the NWML entry division because we could not commit due to the fact that a lot of our players were Rugby Union lads playing in their off season, but as the season has progressed the team has been unbeaten and more of our home grown players have returned. Today we got through to the cup final with a team of home grown Eccles players (3 over 40) and I really hope we keep this side together and enter the NWCL. The Rugby Union lads have served us well and I thank them. They all bought club shirts and made themselves part of the club while they were with us. Look forward to seeing them again. Really hope the NWCL start to flourish again and Eccles are part of it.

#202 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

From the website, the following teams are starting the competition this weekend:

Golbourne Parkside, Blackbrook, Hindley, Dalton, Wigan St Cuthberts, Eccleston Vikings, Leigh East, Irlam Hornets, Higgenshaw, Albert Park, Widnes Moorfield, Whitworth Spartans

I'm guessing more will join when summer commitments finish?

#203 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

From the website, the following teams are starting the competition this weekend:

Golbourne Parkside, Blackbrook, Hindley, Dalton, Wigan St Cuthberts, Eccleston Vikings, Leigh East, Irlam Hornets, Higgenshaw, Albert Park, Widnes Moorfield, Whitworth Spartans

I'm guessing more will join when summer commitments finish?

Have blackbrook, hindley, Wigan st cuthberts, and Leigh east summer commitments already finished?

#204 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Have blackbrook, hindley, Wigan st cuthberts, and Leigh east summer commitments already finished?

Most of their second teams have finished their games.  Brook, Hindley & Cuthberts NCL fixtures will be finished by next week

Note Hindley's first game aganist Dalton is P-P, so I'm guessing they are waiting for NCL to finish before the NWC fixtures

#205 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Most of their second teams have finished their games.  Brook, Hindley & Cuthberts NCL fixtures will be finished by next week

Note Hindley's first game aganist Dalton is P-P, so I'm guessing they are waiting for NCL to finish before the NWC fixtures

Surely all must finish their present commitments whether it be ncl or nw men's league before starting fixtures in the nwc league.

#206 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Surely all must finish their present commitments whether it be ncl or nw men's league before starting fixtures in the nwc league.

They may be able to fulfill both, or like what Hindley appear to be doing complete one season, then move on to the next

#207 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

I know of one team who have considered entering the NWCL this Winter but only have a very small squad and have not done so because they can't afford the fine if they fail to fulfil the fixture. The local council are killing the club with rent charges etc. How sad.

#208 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

They may be able to fulfill both, or like what Hindley appear to be doing complete one season, then move on to the next

CMS Yorkshire league where always good to us when we played both seasons.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#209 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I know of one team who have considered entering the NWCL this Winter but only have a very small squad and have not done so because they can't afford the fine if they fail to fulfil the fixture. The local council are killing the club with rent charges etc. How sad.

Seems a common trait with some councils. Most have no money but seem to try to squeeze money out of the wrong places

#210 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

CMS Yorkshire league where always good to us when we played both seasons.

Sure NWC will be also. It's in the competitions best interests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users