Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

http://www.batleybul...tay-on-for-2014

#2 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Great news another pleasing re-signing.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Great signing also my man of steel for 2013

Edited by Keep The Faith, 20 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

great workhorse.i like these lads who play to keep a shirt. well done batley, bod/staff.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

Phil Mitchell has been excellent for most of this season, despite a slight lull during the middle of the campaign when he appeared a little tired. Only to be expected given the fact that this is really his first full season at any professional level. Lets hope he gets a regular start at loose forward. He's got all the skills needed to be a great success in that position.

Posted Image

#6 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Love that re-signing!

Where did we sign him from initially?

Edited by BatleyFanAndy, 21 August 2013 - 07:11 AM.

SIGNATURE

#7 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

We signed him from castleford,always gives 110%,type of player we need

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Tremendous signing, things looking very positive for next season. Davies always reminds me of Adrian Vowles in stature and in the way he plays.

#9 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Plays 80 minutes, never stops tackling, always a threat with ball in hand. Great re-signing!

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Excellent news and another important signing for next season.

On another note what about Grimmer at Hunslet? Can't see him staying at hunslet if they are relegated and can play a few positions like loose forward. Blighted by injury but could be worth a shot?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hi folks,just returned from a 10 day 'net free break and may have lost touch a little. Am I right in thinking that re-signings so far are Greenwood, Potts, Campbell, Black, Smith, Rowe, Davies and Applegarth, with Leek already offered terms for next season? Do we also now agree that Leatherbarrow and Nicholson are also joining us? Basically then, we need to get the centres sorted out and we've got 13 men. I suppose there will be  couple more waiting in the wings that Jk has lined up, so from the panic of 4/5 weeks ago i feel much better now, thank you nurse!!

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

Not sure about Potts rumoured to be going to Fax?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Not sure about Potts rumoured to be going to Fax?

Really? Shame. He would have been one of my keeps this season. I think his form has really suffered with being in and out of the team.

#14 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

The thing about Potts is he plays on a wing we tend to rarely utilise these days. Makes him look less effective than he actually is.

#15 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Going well , but Still lots of positions to fill tho Phildog , going by who we think will be with us next season , if leak signs he can play 6,7 or 9 , applegarth can also play prop

miles                                     Full back

JC                                        wing    

blackie/leatherbarrow          Half back

leak/nicholson                     Hooker

centre

loose forward

applegarth/davies                 2nd row

smith/rowe                             props

Edited by Batley Bob, 22 August 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#16 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I mistakenly thought that I had seen a report on Potts signing, must have been dreaming. We can't loose him, as our fullback cover would go, although I think he should still be in as a winger anyway, look at his first season! Would anyone agree that we didn't get the best of Faal this year due to injury etc. but proved his worth v Halifax with that great break, hope he stays and gets a lengthy run, he's a big lad. I hope we don't go back to using a 2nd rower as makeshift centre as i don't think we have one with the pace, much as I like Bretherton, he's now an out and out 2nd rowman (if he stays!!).

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Nice to see someone from Batley scoop £6 million on the lottery. Hope he's a Bulldog :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users