TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Here we go again - we've said it a few times recently -  'another massive game'  to avoid relegation

Unfortunately with only 2 games remaining it's not in our hands and no matter what happens tomorrow nothing will be decided,

With the bonus point scenario there  are too many options to start to consider but in my opinion 3 points tomorrow plus 1 at Whitehaven will keep us up.

Our recent performances suggest we are capable of that so down to you lads.

#2 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

If we lose and Hunslet win at Sheffield we are relegated. Must win match tomorrow.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

If Sheffield lose they will be out of the title race too.

The lads were angry in the way they managed to lose the game on Sunday and they are looking to put it right again tomorrow night.

Get behind the team no negative thoughts or comments or destiny is in our own hands.

#4 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

If Sheffield lose they will be out of the title race too.

The lads were angry in the way they managed to lose the game on Sunday and they are looking to put it right again tomorrow night.

Get behind the team no negative thoughts or comments or destiny is in our own hands.

all the rhinos big stars in tomoz for Hunslet its in the bag
chappy

#5 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

It would be I joke if hunslet stay up because of a load of dr playing for them, as far as I know you only have rhys Williams playing against us tommorow, so good luck to you's and I hope York and hunslet get relegated :)

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

if its any consolation we are hopeless away from home (York being the exception) and your form has turned so if things go the way they have been you should jump above us in the table. 

Whatever I will be there to witness it :shout:

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Come say hello Lee it would be nice to meet you.

I will be on the back row of the press box.

Riggy

#8 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Not being negative Riggy, but things could be decided tomorrow if we don't win...so let's go and win!

We've been outstanding over the last 4 games (first half at Donny excluded), if we play like we have been doing, we should win.

I'm fairly confident of a Sheffield victory to be fair, but I'm more worried about Hunslet's final game of the season. If Fev lose against Sheffield a week today then the match at the SLS next Sunday is a dead game for them.

I would like to think that 2 wins will be good enough for survival and I know that we can do it.

One final point, why does it always seem to be Swinton and Hunslet battling it out?! Either at the bottom or the top, we're consistently side by side. I know the obvious stuff, 2nd RL team in our respective cities that are largely football orientated anyway. But still, it's weird isn't it?!

Let's get behind the lads tomorrow! Come on Lions!

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Come say hello Lee it would be nice to meet you.

I will be on the back row of the press box.

Riggy

Hi mate is the press box above the players tunnel ?

Lee

Lee Morton

#10 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Not being negative Riggy, but things could be decided tomorrow if we don't win...so let's go and win!

We've been outstanding over the last 4 games (first half at Donny excluded), if we play like we have been doing, we should win.

I'm fairly confident of a Sheffield victory to be fair, but I'm more worried about Hunslet's final game of the season. If Fev lose against Sheffield a week today then the match at the SLS next Sunday is a dead game for them.

I would like to think that 2 wins will be good enough for survival and I know that we can do it.

One final point, why does it always seem to be Swinton and Hunslet battling it out?! Either at the bottom or the top, we're consistently side by side. I know the obvious stuff, 2nd RL team in our respective cities that are largely football orientated anyway. But still, it's weird isn't it?!

Let's get behind the lads tomorrow! Come on Lions!

Yes 1997 we won the second division and then Les Holiday beat us in the Premiership final in the rain

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Wish it was 97 but it was ten years earlier

#12 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

If we lose and Hunslet win at Sheffield we are relegated. Must win match tomorrow.

Quite right Bryce I overlooked that option and knowing Rugby League anything can happen - only have to go back to those last seconds at Doncaster

#13 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hopefully we'll learn from that!

The last try was fairly good compared to the 3 that were placed under the posts by the big runner through the middle, they were the disappointing ones. However, that bonus point could be vital now.

Looking forward to tonight now! Btw, this should be the Premier Sports game...if they are actually covering a game.

#14 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't think they are covering any game tonight,instead I believe they are showing London tomorrow.

#15 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yes and i think they are doing something like Fev v Sheff next week

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi Lee

Yes above the players tunnel

Riggy

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hi Lee

Yes above the players tunnel

Riggy

ok mate would be good to meet you. Wear a red carnation so I know who you are lol

Lee

Lee Morton

#18 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Haha
See you later and safe journey to your fans

#19 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Haha
See you later and safe journey to your fans

No worries matey.....not too bad for me as I work in Runcorn and stay down monday to thursday in hotels...this week in the travelodge at Widnes.

Lee Morton

#20 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I will not be able to get to the match tonight..........:( ........does anyone know if its on the radio....?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users