Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yes radio cumbria !!
There is a link on the BBC Rugby League page.

Riggy

#22 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm in bloomin Ireland. Keep us posted please!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#23 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yes radio cumbria !!
There is a link on the BBC Rugby League page.

Riggy

do no Manchester/Lancashire stations carry radio commentary mate?

Edited by morty, 22 August 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#24 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

No they can't be bothered with anything below Super League. Tonights game is on Cumbria.

Red hot and sunny here at the moment

#25 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Harvey is fit and Rhys Evans will be at full back in place of Ritchie according to the club website.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#26 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

And Big David Mills is back which is good too !!

#27 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wish it was 97 but it was ten years earlier

Sorry. Typo. Yes 87. Derek Bate, etc. Followed by Wigan v Warrington and Joe Lydon try

#28 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Feeling very apprehensive right now...hope we get the win but if we don't and it goes pear shaped I'll still be there supporting our team. Good luck lads.

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Im confident Alan. But got a few butter flies ...

#30 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

linky for the game http://www.bbc.co.uk...c_radio_cumbria

#31 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Results according to Love RL site

Lions 22- 0 Barrow

Worky 22- 18 York

Sheffield 36- Hunslet 26

Keighley 4 -Fax 34

Fev 52 - W'haven 4.

Posted Image

#32 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Love RL table has us fourth from bottom!!!!!

Posted Image

#33 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

You can't ask for more than that. We gave them no bonus point...and no points!

Tough to choose a MOM today as everyone performed well. It was an edgey first 40 from both sides, hence the 0-0 scoreline. We got the breaks in the 2nd half. Harvey being alive to Watto's kick getting us moving and them a piece of brilliance from Jordan Burke got us the 2nd. Kev ran it in from 40 yards and then a bit of luck (finally!) Let Mendeika (top try scorer btw) score the last one.

A real team performance and we played for the full 80. Evans was solid at FB in Ritchie's absence. Barlow had a great game as well. But overall everyone dug deep and got us a huge 3 points and it gives us a chance, going into the last set of games next week.

#34 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Amazing defence tonight, and difficult to pick the m-o-m, as it was a real team effort!

The lads really showed what they can do following that last seconds kick in the b******s we had at Donny!

Let's go to 'Haven, and stay up in style with a win!

Proud to be a Lion, and (as ever) my shirt will grace Wembley on Saturday!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#35 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Mine too Spelly.
Again the lads were brilliant all of them. It's a big ask to nil anybody at Rugby yet Swinton did it with style,granted a touch of luck as well.

Gary Chambers has taken some real stick in recent weeks but whatever he,Watto and Marlon have said and done they deserve real credit because we have a very strong team here.

Off to Wembley tomorrow very happy.

#36 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well done to Swinton tonight... best team won but to be honest guys I think we deserved a BP !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#37 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

I would just like to say a big well done to all the players and coaching staff after tonight's terrific hard earned win, just to let all you swinton supporters out there know that my son and all the Warrington dual reg players thoroughly enjoy playing for this great club an. Play with pride wearing the shirt! And how a few weeks have changed our season with much improved performance week by week, foremost the coaching staff Ian, Marlon and most of all Gary who'd done s fantastic job to turn this club around I know Gary well very humble passionate and believes his own ability well done Gary so proud and respect too you! Let's get behind the guys and like my son said tonight your great supporters with passion and it really lifted them Players tonight, let's go in to next week's game full of confidence and kick on next year, and I'm sure great things are just around the corner , keep the faith regards phil

#38 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

I would just like to say a big well done to all the players and coaching staff after tonight's terrific hard earned win, just to let all you swinton supporters out there know that my son and all the Warrington dual reg players thoroughly enjoy playing for this great club an. Play with pride wearing the shirt! And how a few weeks have changed our season with much improved performance week by week, foremost the coaching staff Ian, Marlon and most of all Gary who'd done s fantastic job to turn this club around I know Gary well very humble passionate and believes his own ability well done Gary so proud and respect too you! Let's get behind the guys and like my son said tonight your great supporters with passion and it really lifted them Players tonight, let's go in to next week's game full of confidence and kick on next year, and I'm sure great things are just around the corner , keep the faith regards phil

Thanks very much for those comments, I feel that some people myself included will be owing Mr Chambers an engraved apology come the end of the season.  Well done all at the club, the great escape is still on!  Hard fought match tonight especially in the first half but we out fought them tonight very impressed with the team at the present time whatever they're doing keep it up its obviously working. :biggrin:

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#39 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think Gary has shuffled players around to get the best out of the players, and he's found players strengths and weakness, Gary's very calm and precise what he wants to achieve from his players, having a game plan and going on the pitch giving easy yards with penaltys won't be part of his plan but over recent weeks he's eradicated that And general bonding of the players is what you hot to have in sport, I went with my sons girlfriend and we was so proud of the players tonight and Thoroughly enjoyed the support the dual registration players got from the lions fans as it means a lot to them :)

#40 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

I am guessing mick burkes boots is Jordan burkes dad whom I had the pleasure to speak to at the Salford friendly and he is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic rugby league fan despite following Widnes. ...
Our season has been transformed in recent weeks with some awesome defence and commitment
We score some nice tries too with some flair which has been long lacking.

Tonight we were tough and hard. We are no push overs

Rhys Evans chase and tackle on Nicholson typified that
Why did Barrow pass forward when they should have walked in is beyond me
It was a turning point for me

Penny yet again was class as was his try however dodgy it was how it ended up in his hands

Harvey especially deserves a mention ...playing injured and proving his doubters wrong week after week

A good night. Well done to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users