Barrow

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

We did meet Mark nice to catch up hope your well !we was great in the second half and we stayed in the arm wrestle till the end Great team effort :)

#42 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Im absolutely fine mate. Hope you are too
Im at work now dealing with the great unwashed with a big smile...

#43 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

I am guessing mick burkes boots is Jordan burkes dad whom I had the pleasure to speak to at the Salford friendly and he is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic rugby league fan despite following Widnes. ...
Our season has been transformed in recent weeks with some awesome defence and commitment
We score some nice tries too with some flair which has been long lacking.

Tonight we were tough and hard. We are no push overs

Rhys Evans chase and tackle on Nicholson typified that
Why did Barrow pass forward when they should have walked in is beyond me
It was a turning point for me

Penny yet again was class as was his try however dodgy it was how it ended up in his hands

Harvey especially deserves a mention ...playing injured and proving his doubters wrong week after week

A good night. Well done to all.

Mark,

Way back when Gary Chambers was first appointed he attended question and answer session at the Borough Social, one of Watto's testimonial events. He came across as a real genuine guy but one of the comments he made was that he wanted the Lions playing attacking expansive attacking Rugby and in recent weeks he has achieved this aim.

The guy has had a rough deal from a view on this forum and in the crowd ( understandably since some of the results and performances were poor) but credit is now due to him and all concerned. We now have a very strong team.

#44 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Well done to Swinton tonight... best team won but to be honest guys I think we deserved a BP !

Totally agree, only our dogged defence prevented this.

:shout:

#45 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Let's go to 'Haven, and stay up in style with a win!

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

Haven yes! Let's charter a train to Whitehaven from Swinton station like we did to Workington (two trains) in the Cup back in 1964.

:shout:

#46 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Well done lads, I managed to get the commentary on my ipad and the whole of Ireland was behind you.......well the Wiganers around the table. I ate my dinner and all my fingers!

Especially well done GC who, according to our own 'Mystic Meg' was gonna throw the towel in a few weeks ago. It also seems congratulations may have to go to our Chair for his appointment in the first place.

Stay up or go down id all up to us. We want it, the lads want it and were gonna ave it!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#47 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thanks to BBC Radio Cumbria I was able to listen to the commentary on my phone in Majorca....though the others in the restaurant weren't as impressed!
Couldn't believe it when York were in the lead and Hunslet were level with Sheffield...nearly choked on my chorizo! Though it shows anyone can turn in a performance at some time, so we need to go to Haven and get the 3.
Well done to all the lads and it's great to have the feedback from Mr Burke regarding how the lads feel.
Mustn't it be rubbish if you don't have promotion and relegation between leagues. You can be a ###### team in Superleague, languish at the bottom and "plan for next season", but where's the sporting fun in all that. It's been more exciting these last few weeks than when we won Champ 1.
...anyway that beer at the side of the pool will be getting warm....adios amigos and see you at Haven!

#48 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well done lads, I managed to get the commentary on my ipad and the whole of Ireland was behind you.......well the Wiganers around the table. I ate my dinner and all my fingers!

Especially well done GC who, according to our own 'Mystic Meg' was gonna throw the towel in a few weeks ago. It also seems congratulations may have to go to our Chair for his appointment in the first place.

Stay up or go down id all up to us. We want it, the lads want it and were gonna ave it!

"Gary Chambers' post match quotes make me suspect he is seriously considering resignation."

I wonder who said that?

Its amazing looking back at the forum how things change so quickly in sport. How fickle we are as fans and how favour is so easily lost or won.

Some valuable lessons can be learnt by those who choose to from the last few weeks. Myself included. 

#49 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Mr Burke lol call me Phil not that old yet lol saying that aged a few years this year haha enjoy your weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users