Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Website

open to opinions or not

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

I heard some upsetting news today that a regular website member was quitting as his opinions were being berated by private messages. Surely this is an open forum? We don't always agree but to slag a bloke off with PM's because his views don't agree with yours is wrong.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

I heard some upsetting news today that a regular website member was quitting as his opinions were being berated by private messages. Surely this is an open forum? We don't always agree but to slag a bloke off with PM's because his views don't agree with yours is wrong.

So how did you get to know then Colin, was it by a private message ???
Im Fev and im proud

#3 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

And as usual you haven't got the facts right, so I would think very carefully before making accusations.
Im Fev and im proud

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

if people are sent private messages colin, that's how they should remain!!!
Not brought to the forum by proxy!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:51 PM

We must be diwn to single figures now. There's onni Gaz keeping us going.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Aye.... have to say that facebook users significantly outnumber users of this forum now.
And with facebook it has the added bonus of being able to add/delete people from your news feed and friends list..... e.g. you moderate your own facebook page.

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Talking of websites, what happened to the new official Rovers website that was announced early this year as set to go live in May?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

He keeps us entertained though. :lol: 

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Aye I'll give ya that gazza..... he keeps me amused! :lol:

#10 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

We do not require a web site when most of the important information comes directly from other clubs.

#11 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

And as usual you haven't got the facts right, so I would think very carefully before making accusations.

AS USUAL??? I wasn't and I am not making any accusations. I only know what I was told, no  names were mentioned.  But why 'as usual'. Seems a bit  strong. I have a view on the land and in the past I have had other views. 'Suppositon' people say but let's wait for the facts. Seems as though you know them otherwise you would not have used that threatening tone.

#12 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

AS USUAL??? I wasn't and I am not making any accusations. I only know what I was told, no  names were mentioned.  But why 'as usual'. Seems a bit  strong. I have a view on the land and in the past I have had other views. 'Suppositon' people say but let's wait for the facts. Seems as though you know them otherwise you would not have used that threatening tone.

Colin on many occasions on here you have appeared to not have got the facts right, and on this occasion you've certainly not got them right, and I haven't used a threatening tone, that's just your interpretation of things, I will tell you the facts face to face, then you are not getting them second hand
Im Fev and im proud

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Colin on many occasions on here you have appeared to not have got the facts right, and on this occasion you've certainly not got them right, and I haven't used a threatening tone, that's just your interpretation of things, I will tell you the facts face to face, then you are not getting them second hand

Cheers MO. I look forward to seeing you. Who knows you might buy a GG ticket from me.. Don't agree with your 'many occasions' mind. Might be  the approaching 80 age bit. Confusion, confusion, it's all confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users