Widnes Dual lads

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hello everyone i am just wondering what your fans think of the dual deals and i see Declan Hulme and Danny Craven have had a few games.Do you think loan deals be better as i feel a 3 month loan for Declan would develop him better and the same for Craven? How are our dual lads getting on seen as the season is virtually over?

#2 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

The season isn't over for Workington, unlike Widnes !!! they still have the play offs  :shout:  loan deals are okay provided they actually get the player they loan - Walne from Salford was a bit of a white elephant -  Craven on a year loan would be a major coup for Worky but I cannot see that happening with so many SL clubs interested in DC and him not signing a new deal yet. No disrepsect to Worky but i think he will play at a higher level he just needs game time. Hulme & Flynn would be a good option for Workington - but I think next year their first priority should be to strengthen their pack  - Dowes,Thacks are getting on in years and the younger lads in the league are outshining them , they need a hooker to help Matty and so Callum can play 7. If I was Worky I would be looking at a deal with Salford ( personally) next year instead of Widnes - Id take Hulme for a season and then see what Noble has to offer when all his superstars come flooding in to his squad. There are a couple of diamonds there , especially in their pack . I wonder how much game time Adam Walne will get next year ?? maybe good to go back in for him and his Brother ?

#3 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Scumford with moneybags Koucash.lol.Without him Scumford be nothing.haha.Joking aside I hope Declan gets first team chances,and when Koucash pulls out they be back to square one,as I can't see them getting 10,000 fans he expects in a football area.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 22 August 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

declans had a couple of wobbly games but seems to be finding his feet with us. paddy has had some excellant games and some poor ones, the main hole in his game is catching the high bomb. danny craven would be great for us if we had him for a good run of games. are these lads better than what we have at town? highly debatable. i would say in my personal opinion that carter and ell are better wingers than paddy and callum is a better scrum half than craven. but i dont think we have a centre who is any better than hulme and getting him again next year should be a target for us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

I would like to see us get the two Walne lads back Declan and Craven on loan for the season still not sure about paddy flynn.

#6 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Heard loads of rumours about who's staying, who is going and who's coming, and if some of the rumours are true we should have a fairly competitive team next year.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#7 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

declans had a couple of wobbly games but seems to be finding his feet with us. paddy has had some excellant games and some poor ones, the main hole in his game is catching the high bomb. danny craven would be great for us if we had him for a good run of games. are these lads better than what we have at town? highly debatable. i would say in my personal opinion that carter and ell are better wingers than paddy and callum is a better scrum half than craven. but i dont think we have a centre who is any better than hulme and getting him again next year should be a target for us.

Flynn has got alot of criticism at Widnes for his defence and that is why never in the squad.He can be good on his day but very inconsistent.Declan has not has his chance and their is better halfbacks at Widnes than Craven. Suppose Craven is good for back up with injuries.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Flynn has got alot of criticism at Widnes for his defence and that is why never in the squad.He can be good on his day but very inconsistent.Declan has not has his chance and their is better halfbacks at Widnes than Craven. Suppose Craven is good for back up with injuries.

i still think out of all the lads weve had up here, mcgraff has looked the best. and coming up looms as though it done him the world of good as hes never been out your side since has he?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I say Declan and macgraff and Flynn been the best

#10 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

i still think out of all the lads weve had up here, mcgraff has looked the best. and coming up looms as though it done him the world of good as hes never been out your side since has he?

It is funny how McGraff has been the best at Workington, but alot of Widnes fans including myself think he is very average.Yes his effort is their but does silly penalties and hardly breaks a tackle and makes ground due to his size.On the credit side he does give 100% effort.A few seem to like Declan Hulme and hopefully next year will get more first team games.

#11 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I would love to see Declan up here on a loan next year he runs the ball in hard and straight defence is good doesn't make many mistakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users