Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

North Wales at London on Friday night

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

I am glad that this is not North Wales last match. We need them to win this game without London getting a bonus point.
It should be enough of an incentive for North Wales to win well and then take the tiitle on their last game at home.
I will be watching the match on Premier Sports with everything crossed.

Edited by Big Doug, 23 August 2013 - 12:27 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Live streaming here  - stream 2.  Could be useful in any televised play-offs on Premier.

http://www.coolsport.tv/schedule.html

#3 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

The trouble is London only really need a point and perhaps N.Wales .I think N.Wales to win by 7 but I hope its 13 or more.Might be worth backing the draw!!

#4 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

The trouble is London only really need a point and perhaps N.Wales .I think N.Wales to win by 7 but I hope its 13 or more.Might be worth backing the draw!!

London need to win tonight or get a bonus point if they want to have a chance of finishing above Hornets. They have two games left to Hornets one and we are both on the same number of points.Their last game is away at Oxford which you think they will win. Ours is Gloucester at home which we should win. Its all on tonight for 3rd place and a home tie in the play off's. THe points difference will be the decider I think,

Edited by Big Doug, 23 August 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#5 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Live streaming here - stream 2. Could be useful in any televised play-offs on Premier.

http://www.coolsport.tv/schedule.html

#6 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

It tried the cool sport web site. It looks very good with a large selection available. As I tried to go onto one of the channels I got a message that my player was not uptodate and tried to get me to download version 12.4 this is an attempt to put malware on your pc. If you are not sure just google player 12.4 and read what it says.
The problem as usual is that if it looks to good to be true then it is to good to be true. Be wary.

#7 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

London 8 v 12 North Wales at half time. Thank god for Premier TV and the video ref. London have had two tries ruled out by the video ref that would no doubt have been given without TV coverage. North Wales started badly and London like a train. We do NOT want to have to play them away. Come on North Wales get a 13 point margin.

#8 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

London 14 v 12 North Wales 49 minutes

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

London 14 v 18 North Wales 60 minutes

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

London 14 v 20 North Wales 70 minutes

#11 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

London 14 v 20 North Wales Final score. We will have to go to London in the play off's. we are doomed.

#12 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I was not impressed by either team. Just two teams battering their way up the middle.

Edited by Big Doug, 23 August 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#13 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

skolars looked a very good side ,

#14 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Big Doug: It tried the cool sport web site. It looks very good with a large selection available. As I tried to go onto one of the channels I got a message that my player was not uptodate and tried to get me to download version 12.4 this is an attempt to put malware on your pc. If you are not sure just google player 12.4 and read what it says.
The problem as usual is that if it looks to good to be true then it is to good to be true. Be wary.

I have not had any issues with the site, apart from clicking on certain parts of the streaming, eg to remove ads which take you to other areas! Do not.  Once uploaded the streaming runs in a small window but good enough to see the match and more than the ref, certainly last night's one in the latter 10mins!  Both teams relied on the 'beef' - and there was a lot on display.

London has shipped more points than Hornets and has to win at Oxford to be sure of 3rd place.   Hopefully, Oldhams cast-offs can do us a favour and secure a win or draw.    We must win too as a loss without bp and Hemel win will see us in 5th!  Gateshead's recent form may come to the fore - remember they put 50 on London, but lost!   Those ridiculous 'lost' three weeks away in June/July and our defensive sleep walking have cost us dearly this season and must be the catalyst for change, stating with All Golds and the play-offs.  Anything less than being full time at the party, mean in deed, thought and discipline will be curtains and then not a few exits.

#15 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

How do you get a bonus point?

#16 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Lose by less than 13 I believe.

#17 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

So you actually get a bonus point for losing? Unbelievable!!

#18 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

The trouble is that we have got 2 bonus points and London have 3. The result of that is we will have to go to London. If we loose that first game then we would have a home game against the winnners of 5th v 6th and then more than likely have to go to London again to get to the play off final. We have made it so hard for ourselves.

#19 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

So you actually get a bonus point for losing? Unbelievable!!

Its worse than that, lose by less than 13 and get a bonus point, but get no extra bonus if you win by 1 or 51. So there is no reward for the teams that totally outclass the opposition on the day and  hand out a thrashing to others, but you can get reward for coming 2nd!!! Joke system imo.

Solution--

If a bonus points system is used then they should also be given to the winners who lets say win by more than 20, I don't think there would be many that would argue with that.

#20 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 989 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Its worse than that, lose by less than 13 and get a bonus point, but get no extra bonus if you win by 1 or 51. So there is no reward for the teams that totally outclass the opposition on the day and  hand out a thrashing to others, but you can get reward for coming 2nd!!! Joke system imo.
Solution--
If a bonus points system is used then they should also be given to the winners who lets say win by more than 20, I don't think there would be many that would argue with that.

I agree whole heartedly No'7.

A game that ends 13 points to nil only has 3 league points in it, 3 for the winner non for the loser.
A game that ends 12 points to nil has 4 league points in it, 3 for the winner and 1 for the loser.
A game that ends in a draw also has 4 league points in it, 2 for each side.

There's no real reward for winning by 1 point or by 50.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users