Town v York match thread

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I know you would like him for 12 months but i feel he may get more first team games for Widnes next year.His dad thinks 3 months loan be best for him. A player i would think about is Tom Gilmore who is a halfback in our u19s, and is a Academy England International too.He is much better than Craven in ability just Danny Craven is more developed.

Edited by wonderofwood, 23 August 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#42 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Well done lads the last few weeks have seen some heroic performances given the games we've had to play, thanks for signing off in front of the fans with a win. It wasn't pretty but it sure was gritty, I'm proud of you all.

Finished above the "pride of Cumbria" which is nice even though it was by default according to our deluded neighbours. They know the rules, maybe they should try competing for the full eighty, then they would get a few more of those ridiculous bonus points. :tongue:

#43 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Congratulations as well - BUT the season is far from over - an away trip to Batley is not something that this bunch of lads should fear . They should go out and play their socks off and who knows a result is far from out of the question . I would be resting players at Halifax to get them fresh for the playoffs

#44 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Well done lads the last few weeks have seen some heroic performances given the games we've had to play, thanks for signing off in front of the fans with a win. It wasn't pretty but it sure was gritty, I'm proud of you all.

Finished above the "pride of Cumbria" which is nice even though it was by default according to our deluded neighbours. They know the rules, maybe they should try competing for the full eighty, then they would get a few more of those ridiculous bonus points. :tongue:

No default marra were where we are because weve took too many hammerings not enough bonus points and we haven,t hammered too many teams ourselves giving them bonus points you lot shouldn,t have got a BP at the recre but you dug in and got one which we haven,t done all season apart from at DP which we where lucky to get aswell been to too many away games this season when weve started well been in it up to half time then a couple of quick tries against us and thats it so basically the table doesn,t lie only bad thing for both teams this season is the crowds considering weve both had good first seasons the crowds where no better than last season in champ1

#45 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I  would be resting players at Halifax to get them fresh for the playoffs

Am not sure there are any spare to rest! lol

#46 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

wow the jam forum is quieter than a library not even a thread on last nights game and they few that have shown up on there are talking about a merger!. As for our players there must be some battered bodies after such a punishing schedule. Well done lads.

#47 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Not a chance of Worky getting TOM , Betts only sends players to Workington that he cant be arsed with or needs to give them a lesson that could backfire with Declan !!! Hulmey would play at Workington all next year if he could , he loves the crack with the rest of the players , he tells me they are all down to earth with no over inflated ego's

Obviously you know more about Betts and the treatment of players then?Unless I was at the club it is hard to say to be honest.Alot of Widnes fans want Betts out.You a Warrington fan?lol

Edited by widnesrlfc, 23 August 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

wow the jam forum is quieter than a library not even a thread on last nights game and they few that have shown up on there are talking about a merger!. As for our players there must be some battered bodies after such a punishing schedule. Well done lads.

This is the article they are talking about. http://www.whitehave...ation-1.1079418

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

We all know how fatigue and tired our lads are yet we have thackary come 4 hundred miles to play 15 minuets seems very strang to me?

#50 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Has he moved to Plymouth ? Maybe he plays to his own agenda

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,973 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Has he moved to Plymouth ? Maybe he plays to his own agenda

A bit like yourself TF10, maybe?

Edited by Keith T, 23 August 2013 - 05:30 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well HAVEN10 how far do you think it is from plymouth to derwent park and how far it is from LEEDS and back now explain your post or get your sat nav out????

#53 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thought thackray played about 30mins?

#54 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

It's a long way to Hull and back for time Thacks spent on the pitch, I couldn't understand why injured players were on at the end and he never came back on.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#55 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

He dropped the ball in a silly offload then gave a pen away which put them in the lead , then he got hooked and was grumbling away . That was him for the night ! Maybe they're just fed up with each other ? Caviar and cabbage has summed him up perfectly this year , and often its gone wrong the harder he tries . We've got good service from him , cant fault the effort if not always the execution .looks like its time to move on

#56 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Well 15 mins is what he said himself thats what i was going on ?????

#57 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Well HAVEN10 how far do you think it is from plymouth to derwent park and how far it is from LEEDS and back now explain your post or get your sat nav out????

I think you will find it 400 mile from Plymouth to Workington - 160 from Leeds - hmmmm

Get Elliot miller in the centre eh

#58 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Looks a good shout the more you look at it . We've seen he is a bit to shaky and inconsistent with the ball kicked to him to be a rock solid fullback , so either keep him on the wing with hopefully better service or bed him into the centres and use his strengths of running the ball hard and fast . Briscoe would be my number one target , he just oozes solidity . You have no worries at all when its kicked to him or they run at him , and that's priceless . Build your team from that - that's a hell of a start . Flynn to is most welcome - remember that awesome tackle to drag their bloke back from the line ? And we won by 4 ...

#59 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

So HAVEN10 that makes it 800 miles round trip to plymouth 360 round trip to leeds right

#60 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users