Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh victory

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Great to see us nicking a game at the end for a change, we've had a few pinched this year, JK obviously told them to play for 80 tonight. to keep Leigh to 1 score in the 2nd half was testament to that tackling spirit that we had upto that dip. shame we have to play York though in the last game, as I quite like Gary Thornton and hate being the ones to send him down, especially when you look at Swinton and Hunslet who have treated the DR system with great disdain and to the detriment of their own players' development, yet one, or both of them might escape. Shame!!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I think donny will relegate York next Wednesday

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Thought we were fortunate to get a bonus point in the end, we made far too many individual errors but the chances still needed to be finished and it was well deserved. One day we might work out how to defend down the slope!

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I thought the kicking game by Leigh was excellent

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

i thought spencer got thru some hard yards,would like him in a batley shirt thats for sure.

#6 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I thought the kicking game by Leigh was excellent

Only as good as it's chase though, which meant you were getting 15-20m with every kick return because the gaps were there for all to see. In saying that, such a ragged line only came about because of how tough Batley were making it down the middle.

i thought spencer got thru some hard yards,would like him in a batley shirt thats for sure.

He's been class all season and loves it at Leigh by all accounts - not often you see a dual reg with a club long enough that he gets his name on the back of a shirt! Would be a great signing on a permanent basis but I dare say a Super League club will come in for him in time for next season.

#7 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thought we were fortunate to get a bonus point in the end, we made far too many individual errors but the chances still needed to be finished and it was well deserved. One day we might work out how to defend down the slope!

Honest account Matt, I agree your kick chase in goal was poor, we made easy yards from in goal everytime.

#8 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Great win in last minutes by the boys top effort,that's a morale booster going into play offs on our day can beat anybody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users