Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

MoM vs Leigh

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm struggling to pick one whilst writing the match report. Any thoughts?

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Davis first half Campbell second

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

wally.

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Miles greenwood / Campbell / black (cut out brierley really well a few times)

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wally had a good game too

#6 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Mr Merrick had to be Leigh,s MOM

#7 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Had to be Davies for me chairman.

#8 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Felt really sorry for JC when his opposite winger danced round him to score

cos he was brilliant up to that happening.All ended well though and a great performance from the lads.

#9 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Tricky one. Maybe a team MoM. Thought Black was in and around most of he good things we did and his tackling on a few occasions was great. Personally I think I would go for Miles. Made some great meters on tackle 1 and looked like breaking on most occasions

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

The pack was immense, with Rowe leading from the front.

Fairbank and Davies never stopped grafting and Keegan Hirst had his best game in a Batley shirt.

The whole team deserve a pat on the back for a great effort.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Davies and fairbank
Thought the back 3 ran strong ever kick from leigh

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Not sure how anyone can look past Greenwood, the man was absolutely outstanding. One of the best full-backs I've seen at Batley.

Posted Image

#13 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

It is always good to see their forwards looking questioningly at each other, due to being dominated by ours. Great credit to the pack. But for me, Greenwood & Black (I just wish he would take charge more often!) were outstanding.

Having been to most of matches, I felt that last night we looked like winning, the first time really against a top four team. Sheffield beat us twice straight forwardly, but we matched Fax and Fev, just falling short, and the less said about Leigh away the better.

Would like to avoid Doncaster in the play offs, but after a good home win, its gonna be tough to go away twice on the bounce. Leigh away again anyone?

#14 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 918 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm struggling to pick one whilst writing the match report. Any thoughts?

After the match in the VP Lounge the sponsors gave it to John Davies. He had had to shoot off early so Johnny Campbell collected it as Kev Nic said he was the only one trusted to pass it on to Davies. Ha Ha.
JC had a massive swelling to his left cheek bone, I have watched the DVD and McNally caught him a cheap shot with shoulder as JC was getting up to celebrate his try. I have got to say there were a lot of cheap shots going in mainly McNally and penkywicz , and when is Littler going to stop whinging, ?????. Mind you we got a few in as well.

Edited by colinb, 26 August 2013 - 04:22 PM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users