- - - - -

What a Performance

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

a wonderful effort with a patched up team full of injuries, took our chances well and Lee Mapels absolutly outstanding with 3 tries.Leading 12-0 after over 20 mins and 12-4 after 35 mins you just knew we would concede penalties to piggy back sheffield downfield before half time and sure enough we did, resulting in a try off a kick on the 6th tackle when Pryce was outjumped by Knowles to make it 12-10 and then unbeleivably on the next set after Haigh had been penalised Sheffield nicked a try in the last minite to somehow go in 14-12 up, this after some wonderful defence close to the line and a brilliant Stu Kain tackle on QLT after he had gone 70 yards and looked all over a scorer.

The 2nd half started much the same as the 1st, we scored a great try through Mapels and at 16-16 once again it was nip and tuck.Eventually the class of Yere and QLT told and Sheffield went 22- 16 up then 26-16 and it looked bleak but Marchy scored a smart try close to the line and at 26-22 with 15 mins to go we were still battling however once again Yere made  a try and wehen another followed  we were cruelly 14 points behind with 5 mins left, however that man Mapels charged down a kick and raced away to get us that vital bonus point and send the fans crazy. Daft thing is without the daft 4 mins before half time and a couple of bombed chances in the 2nd half when Brickwood somehow bounced the ball over the line when it was easier to score and Yates,y was pulled down inches from the line we actually would have won the game and definatly would if it had not been for Yere and QLT. All in all though a great team effort and 17 heroes.M.O.M. Lee Mapels closely followed by Oakes, Kain and Marchy.We live to fight another day.

Posted Image

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

###### & Proud

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Richie Moore was immense for the full 80

#4 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Richie Moore was immense for the full 80

Can't have done he's a Rhino

#5 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

Can't have done he's a Rhino

what been immense or done the full 80? lol. makes a change from his usual 8 minutes with leeds

#6 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Without Leeds players putting the effort in would be down a month ago.

#7 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Without Leeds players putting the effort in would be down a month ago.

We don't want you to sink into oblivion so that was the result we wanted.......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

what gets me about sheffield is how on earth do they keep hold of QLT and Yere year after year, without them they would be a very ordinary team.They never get injured and make or score just about every point whenever they play us.

Posted Image

#9 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I wouldn't say they were ordinary, the likes of Stringer, Henderson and Knowles are pretty good players by Championship standards, but for the most part we did a good job on them last night.

I'd admit that Brambani and Walker wouldn't be my favourite pair of half-backs but they seem to do a job for them ... but again we had them well watched last night.

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

GREAT Hunslet Effort ! WELL Done to ALL Involved....

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

what gets me about sheffield is how on earth do they keep hold of QLT and Yere year after year, without them they would be a very ordinary team.They never get injured and make or score just about every point whenever they play us.

Ordinary , table dose'nt suggest that Steve...............

#12 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

I wouldn't say they were ordinary, the likes of Stringer, Henderson and Knowles are pretty good players by Championship standards, but for the most part we did a good job on them last night.

I'd admit that Brambani and Walker wouldn't be my favourite pair of half-backs but they seem to do a job for them ... but again we had them well watched last night.

Spot on, without those 3 players, QLT and Yere wouldnt get anywhere near the number of tries they have scored
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#13 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

We don't want you to sink into oblivion so that was the result we wanted.......

Barrow win on Sunday, which I think they will, it's all over guys. Can't see you beating Fev. It's been a really tight season at the bottom end, I'm a Rams fan and we only cleared any danger of relegation with the point at home to Sheff. We then beat Donny and into the play offs.Really odd season. It's just been the odd couple of bad games in a row for most of the teams below 5th and before you knew it you were in the dog fight. I hope you beat Fev and Barra lose and you secure your place but it's going to be a tough last weekend. At least York will be going down( Wait for the backlash). 

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Barrow win on Sunday, which I think they will, it's all over guys. Can't see you beating Fev. It's been a really tight season at the bottom end, I'm a Rams fan and we only cleared any danger of relegation with the point at home to Sheff. We then beat Donny and into the play offs.Really odd season. It's just been the odd couple of bad games in a row for most of the teams below 5th and before you knew it you were in the dog fight. I hope you beat Fev and Barra lose and you secure your place but it's going to be a tough last weekend. At least York will be going down( Wait for the backlash). 

Of course you don't want us to go down - it's worth six points a season for you ! ;)

However my advice is to still keep your money in your pocket. You're right, it's been a bizarre season and everybody's desperate now (as last night showed). At the very least we seem capable of (yet another) bonus point ... but would even that be enough ?

#15 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Last night, JD on Radio Leeds said Marchy was retiring at the end of the season. We'll miss him

#16 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well done every one from 1-17 played well.... spoke to marchy 15 mins ago he said he aint retiring he is enjoying it too much !!!!! 

#17 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

and remember SWINTON beat FEATHERSTONE.

#18 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

and remember SWINTON beat FEATHERSTONE.

So did York So did Doncaster..aint sport funny;

#19 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

#20 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

why do you hope barrow lose is it because they are doing it the right way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users