Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The importantance of next weeks game!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

All we have to do is beat Keighley by 12 points and we stay up. Added bonus would be Hunslet getting beat by 12 and that would only leave us with the BP needed from the last game. No offence to York supporters but I can't see them winning their last games ( Doncaster and Batley ).

Worst case scenario would be us getting relegated. Could we survive as a club. I think we would.

Its in the players court now.  The added bonus is we've got a home game where we seem to play a lot better. 

Lets have a bumper crowd to celebrate staying up !!!!!!!!!

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Massive crowd needed for this game to get behind the lads, the place needs to be bouncing at kick off, shame its not being played on the Saturday tea time, would have made for a better atmosphere.

#3 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Dont Utd play Liverpool that Sundat ? so im sure that will have an effect on the gate.

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Simples.................We need to beat Keighley by 13 to be above them and York (if they were to win their last 2 games), the other teams results dont matter then. If Keighley get a BP they will finish above us and the Swinton & Hunslet results come into play.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Stuff other results just concentrate on taking the bonus point of keighley

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Stuff other results just concentrate on taking the bonus point of keighley

correctamundo

Lee Morton

#7 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 865 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dont Utd play Liverpool that Sundat ? so im sure that will have an effect on the gate.

The game you refer to kicks off at 1.30pm. So if people want to watch it, it will be on in the bar, so no excuses. So really its a bonus. You get to watch the soccer, good beer, rugby game, look at my ugly mug for 2 hours, live music and free sausage and chips.  All for £15.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Read my topic AFTER NEXT WEEKEND on the Hunslet Forum.

#9 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Massive crowd needed for this game to get behind the lads, the place needs to be bouncing at kick off, shame its not being played on the Saturday tea time, would have made for a better atmosphere.

Saturday tea-time every-time for me.  Love it!

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Can we do it?

Whats everyones gut feelings'?

If we win, we've dodged a bullet in what has been a forgettable season which started off with so much promise after the raft of young signings we made from SL teams

If we lose, we're consigned to the league of death, with long away trips, playing teams with little support and I doubt the team can survice

Either way, I expect a mass clear out and a rebuilding process to start again

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#11 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

If we can not muster enough grit, determination, passion, fight & guile to beat the Cougars by 13 points then we will get what we deserve.  

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

If we can not muster enough grit, determination, passion, fight & guile to beat the Cougars by 13 points then we will get what we deserve.  

good shout that Mick ... dont forget tho the Cougars will have the same mentality.

Regarding rebuilding I doubt we have the finances available (perhaps the BOD can let us know ???) to get what we need to finish in the top 8 or 9 to get into the new 2nd tier after next season so we may be in the same boat next year even if we stay up ??????

Hopefully we can get a few more down on sunday to support the team and stay up

Also hope that Fev can get a decent win against Sheffield tonight to make their game at Hunslet a must win to get the league leaders shield (no offence to Sheffield there just better for us lol)

Lee

Edited by morty, 28 August 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Lee Morton

#13 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Should be a decent crowd there bring a full coach and quite a lot in cars

#14 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think a lot of clubs will have trouble with finances next season, spending to survive, there are five teams involved in relegating two this season, over half the league will be involved in relegating five next year, receipt for disaster?

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

talks of danny mcguire playing for hunslet on sunday.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

talks of danny mcguire playing for hunslet on sunday.

joke Wonky absolute joke

Lee Morton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users