RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Looks Likely 7th Then - Successful Season

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

If results go as expected and we don't cave in at Leigh, looks like we will finish 7th. This is likely to result in playing Donny away in the play offs which after last night could well be a tasty game !!

IMO been and up and down season with performances as well as injuries, however before we kicked a ball if you'd have told me we win 11 games and play a more expansive game (I know we were promised that) then I'd have taken that.

Need to secure a lot of the squad for next season, bring in more for competition, that's quality not just numbers and release some who have barely played. Easier said than done I know, however if the rumours are true maybe it's reality.

I'm fairly pleased and enjoyed this season more than the last 2 at least.
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I thought the fans were brilliant lastnight!!! To go with a good performance. We should play Thursdays more often, we seem to raise our game for night matches :-)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 23 August 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#3 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

I thought the fans were brilliant lastnight!!! To go with a good performance. We should play Thursdays more often, we seem to raise our game for night matches :-)

Only 700+ supporters for a vital game though, and it virtually rules out away support from the Cumbrian clubs.

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

760+ .. Only 50 from donny, if that though! Our crowds have been poor all season. For some reason wev lost around 200 supporters from last season and next season we have to try get these back.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

The apathy shown by the local public towards both our clubs is baffling - especially as we play at a relatively high level and don't have any competition from other professional sporting clubs in either of our respective towns.

Posted Image

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

To be fair to us though wev been boring to watch most of the last few seasons and not won as much as wev lost. Plus we don't market our club anymore. Potential is there, like lastnight if it was bring a mate for a fiver for season ticket holders I reckon we'd of got around the 1000 mark.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 23 August 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#7 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

To be fair to us though wev been boring to watch most of the last few seasons and not won as much as wev lost. Plus we don't market our club anymore. Potential is there, like lastnight if it was bring a mate for a fiver for season ticket holders I reckon we'd of got around the 1000 mark.

I phoned the club up Thursday tea time and asked them are there any promotions for the game against Doncaster. Couldn't believe that they didn't take the opportunity to get a few more (that don't normally come) into the ground. There was no super duper league games on that night and even at the weekend. I'm sorry but that's very poor marketing. A local derby with so much a stake I thought just maybe the club would have done their up-most to attract more potential fans!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 24 August 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

I mensioned this to glen in bar after match and even he thought it would of been a good idea to get more fans in, if the club did this imsure we'd of got more in

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,529 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Our final position depends as much upon Halifax's performance against Workington than anything, although listening to Karl Harrison on R Leeds they are the best team by far with the outstanding coach in this division, so no worries there then.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I mensioned this to glen in bar after match and even he thought it would of been a good idea to get more fans in, if the club did this imsure we'd of got more in

The club don't bother with marketing, hence the declining crowds. They put a game on and people should turn up.

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Exactly I'd certainly love a reply from the club in regard to marketing? Is they anyway the club can look into ways to increase the support base. Iv listed plenty ideas on here which probably won't lose the club money at all but this season web done a huge nothing marketing wise! It's very poor if you ask me

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 August 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#12 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bit harsh WR I'm guessing the club don't have the money to run huge levels of marketing that would bring the puntersin. Roger does alot he gets in the paper but I wouldn't have thought he gets paid.
Getting in the playoffs would be a good season. I think that would be the target MS and GM had in mind. Defense looked better than under Warren and we seem to be making slow progress in the right direction. Still a big bridge to gap to the top 5.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#13 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yeah Ramite but a lot more can be done what doesn't cost money nor too much work. We have 2 full time office staff do we not?

#14 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't know how many are full time. Have you tried taking your ideas to the club office or MS. I'm not sure taking them to Glenn the best route. I wouldn't have thought he deals with that side of the club. Maybe we should have a separate thread to put down some ideas.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#15 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Iv created one mate so feel free to add on this. Either way I will be taking these ideas to mark but maybe a fans amber ribbon meeting we could invite all fans with ideas to come along and invite mark along to sit down and discuss these with us all as I'm actually concerned if we continue to do no marketing the clubs support will continue to dwindle

#16 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Next Amber ribbon meeting is Tue , hopefully I can make it. I'm sure something like this can be tagged on.

[

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well il turn up Tuesday, where is the meeting? Clearly something as to change next season and marketing of the club needs to start before it gets too late!

#18 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hanging Heaton WMC. I think it starts at 7.30 details are on ARs website.

[

#19 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've been looking at club home gates, (2013 v 2012) for a feature in our programme at Leigh. Just about every Championship club, including Leigh but with the exception of Fev, are down between 10 and 30% on last season. I wish I had the answer for this problem! Hopefully the re-structuring of the leagues may help, with the return of P&R, but I can't deny that we all need to market our clubs better. At Leigh, we are extending our communications network, in an attempt to reach out to fans - existing ones , and new and old ones. We are also looking at the match day entertainment package, as the current one has been woeful.

However, if you guys find the magic formula, please feel free to share it!. Of course, you could help our particular cause, by turning up in droves, this coming Sunday. You will be most welcome.

#20 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

We averaged over. 1100 last season , this wev probably averaged 900

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users