Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Last day scenarios

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Win = Safe
Draw = Safe

Bonus Point = Safe IF (1) Hunslet lose, or (2) Barrow don't win, or (3) Barrow do win but deny Keighley a bonus.

+12 Loss = Safe IF (1) Hunslet lose by +12, or (2) Barrow lose.

Above assumes York don't win twice!

Edited by steve wild, 24 August 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Lose = Safe IF (1) Hunslet lose by +12, or (2) Barrow lose.

!

or (3) if Barrow only get a BP

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

great result last night - I only got to listen to the last 20 mins via radio Cumbria.........I think the team has to go to Whitehaven to win - they have dropped off form wise recently - so as along as the team does not panic - we should stand a good chance of pulling off a victory........I think the Barrow Keighley match will be a cracker................I think York are down.......

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Cant see us (haven) beating you lot last game of the season at the minute were on freefall down to the bare bones unless we get some quality back up from saints would guess it,ll be a lions win you lot seem to be on fire at the minute

#5 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Morty, if Barrow get BP they will have lost (as per 2).

#6 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

There are, I believe, two very important games on Wednesday and both can impact on the final day.

If Fev lose to sheffield then they go into the last match confirmed as second and the last match at hunslet has no meaning for them.

If doncaster win or at least get a bonus it dramatically reduces Whitehavens chance of a playoff spot (barring cricket scores) and therefore removes the significance of the game against Swinton. A doncaster win also removes york from our equation.

Squeeky bum time for sure.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#7 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I do not agree about Featherstone......regardless of the result against Sheffield, they will need to go into the play offs with confidence, so they will still want a good win against Hunslet...........

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

If Doncaster beat York thats York down, so your destiny is in your own hands really.

Looking on recent form Brrow are the ones looking the most likely to follow York down, or Keighley, but that would depend on other results going against them.

Good luck - such an exciting and emotional last weekend in prospect for the teams at the bottom - its what sport is all about.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

I think York are doomed and hunslet has left it one game too late and will follow their friends down.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Read my topic AFTER NEXT WEEKEND on the Hunslet Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users