Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks away

party time????????

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

potential capper party time here folks if we do the biz against the Eagles!..join the fun with the Capper Army in what's sure to be a cracking afternoon...coaches leave stadium at 1130 am with possible Ponty pickups/drops.ring 01977-708077 or 07825870662 for details.(sunday 1st September)

Edited by GAZ1983, 24 August 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#2 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

potential capper party time here folks if we do the biz against the Eagles!..join the fun with the Capper Army in what's sure to be a cracking afternoon...coaches leave stadium at 1130 am with possible Ponty pickups/drops.ring 01977-708077 or 07825870662 for details.(sunday 4th September)

Is this the stadium that chooses to charge the flat cappers extra admission?.

#3 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Is this the stadium that chooses to charge the flat cappers extra admission?.

No that`s the stadium that charges you less than your own ground and the same price as you have paid for the last two seasons.

No cost to park

Seat in main stand

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

No that`s the stadium that charges you less than your own ground and the same price as you have paid for the last two seasons.

No cost to park

Seat in main stand

But are we charged the same as all other fans would be for their games at your stadium?

#5 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

But are we charged the same as all other fans would be for their games at your stadium?

You obviously already know the answer. Do all your players get paid the same amount of money?

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Moose lad.... ya missing the point.
I dont care if our club charges £100 Entrance fee per game. I would then make a decision whether to go or not. Your club charges fev fans more than fans of other clubs which leaves them feelin exploited, used, pizzed off etc. That's how it goes.
Fev fans will then make their same choices as to whether they visit the SLS..... or not. Simple really
Players wages are irrelevant.

Edited by Robin Evans, 23 August 2013 - 07:16 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

You obviously already know the answer. Do all your players get paid the same amount of money?

Not sure what player's wages have to do with it and yes I already know the answer, which is why your club won't be receiving any of my hard earned cash.

The level of entrance fee is not relevant, the fact that you see my club's fans as cash cows and charge a higher rate than you do for what you deem to be inferior teams is the issue.

Edited by Ponterover, 23 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#8 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Oops, pressed wrong button

Edited by Ponterover, 23 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#9 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Not sure what player's wages have to do with it and yes I already know the answer, which is why your club won't be receiving any of my hard earned cash.

The level of entrance fee is not relevant, the fact that you see my club's fans as cash cows and charge a higher rate than you do for what you deem to be inferior teams is the issue.

Hunslet attract by far the lowest gates in the championship and average around 550. categorising games as most football clubs do and have done successfully for years is an experiment to see if it could help our finances. If it hasn't helped it will probably be dropped next season.

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

And if it's dropped I suspect threads of this nature would cease immediately.
If it is to continue, I suspect the theme will continue!
Im too drunk to try and work out just how many fans ypu would have to sufficiently pizz off so much they would decide not to attend that the net gain for hunslet would br lower?? And I'll probably have forgotten about it when I wake up or decide it really isn't worth the effort to work it out.....
I like speyside whisky!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 23 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#11 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

For Medicinal reasons I hope Robin :lol:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's up to Hunslet what they do The top and bottom of it is they have discounted some games and not others there not charging us more

We are doing a family ticket for the Sheffield match but for the Whitehaven match we had to pay full price for a family of 4 IMO when they look into it it will of cost there club money this year. People need to remember that last year Fev fans were charged full price to get into the game but season ticket holders from other clubs could come in for a tenner Each club should do what they think is best for there club and each supporter will decide whether they attend or not but I don't think we should be having a go at the Hunslet club for what they have done this year If we win this Wednesday there will be a good turn out on Sunday from the Fev fans whatever it costs

Edited by jt, 23 August 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#13 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hunslet attract by far the lowest gates in the championship and average around 550. categorising games as most football clubs do and have done successfully for years is an experiment to see if it could help our finances. If it hasn't helped it will probably be dropped next season.

The Idea of categorising football matches was to originally cover the costs depending on the police presence.
I haven't seen a policeman in a stadium since my rugby league renaissance in 06.

#14 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

ive finally realised the game is sunday 1st September and not the 4th soz folks :drinks:

and can we please use the thread for what its intended for and not wether Hawks charge a quid more than Fev B) .as some point out we do have the choice wether we go or not so que sera que sera!!!

#15 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

First time made a comment and to be honest I don't care what hunslet charge I will be there with three kids win lose or draw wed so come on lads

#16 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

i don't think they are charging fev more ,just other teams less :tongue:

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#17 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

i don't think they are charging fev more ,just other teams less :tongue:

That's what I have said above

#18 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

No cost to park

Seat in main stand

As stated, your club discriminates against Fev supporters as opposed to other clubs. As such, you will be two Fev supporters light for the game.

Cannot see how it can be legal when the club has a fixed price on the gates. Not going to fall for the three card trick.. 

#19 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

First time made a comment and to be honest I don't care what hunslet charge I will be there with three kids win lose or draw wed so come on lads

As a nation, paff, we do not complain enough. Cannot stand having the wool pulled over my eyes and being persuaded that it is for the good of the game (club).

#20 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

I very sad misguided individual but his choice.Nevertheless no loss to anyone really with such an archaic attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users