Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad is nearly complete

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

This makes for interesting reading , its in todays PRESS

http://www.thepressn...avies-re-sings/

#2 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Makes interesting reading, especially about some clubs offering pound notes which they may well find hard to come by.
On the subject of wanting another prop, what do people think of Nicholson? He impressed me when he played for the Rams last year and then went to York this season. Presuming they are relegated would he want to play in Championship 1 next year?

#3 dog80

dog80
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

It will be interesting to see who signs who for next season. I wonder which club " blow us out the water"

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

It will be interesting to see who signs who for next season. I wonder which club " blow us out the water"

Well it wasn't Dewsbury, that's for sure. I have it very good authority that a number of players have signed up for next season on reduced terms; the money from the RFL to championship clubs next season will be reduced so no increases in budgets are expected.

i strongly suspect that a lot of the rumours regarding the scale of offers available for next season can be laid firmly at the feet of agents worried that they may also see a fall in income.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

The club have announced those players who have signed on already and we are aware of some who are definitely leaving (Wally). Also no doubt after next sunday there will be further announcements coming at greater pace, so could we start a sticky for "2014 - ins and outs"?

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Makes interesting reading, especially about some clubs offering pound notes which they may well find hard to come by.
On the subject of wanting another prop, what do people think of Nicholson? He impressed me when he played for the Rams last year and then went to York this season. Presuming they are relegated would he want to play in Championship 1 next year?

Nicholson is rumoured to be joining Fev, Fred. However, if that doesn't transpire I'd take him like a shot. Interesting to note that Kear wants another 'pivot' despite having Black, Leatherbarrow and Leak already on board. I wonder if Danny Grimshaw could be that man? I'd certainly welcome his signature, and heard a few whispers that we're interested.

Posted Image

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Nicholson is rumoured to be joining Fev, Fred. However, if that doesn't transpire I'd take him like a shot. Interesting to note that Kear wants another 'pivot' despite having Black, Leatherbarrow and Leak already on board. I wonder if Danny Grimshaw could be that man? I'd certainly welcome his signature, and heard a few whispers that we're interested.

Agreed that Grimshaw would be a decent acquisition. Remember he was considered to be good enough for Featherstone not very long ago, and with Hunslet's future in this division not so sure, he might be a decent catch.

#8 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

An excellent signing if we can keep him fit. Can play stand off or loose forward, and would give us an extra dimension ball in hand.

With his vastly improved defence I think we could also play Black in the 13 shirt.

Saying that I'd probably also sign Ash for another season if he wants to carry on playing, although he might not be first choice any longer. Still a decent squad player to have, with Batley in his blood.

#9 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

We need to get leaky signed up for next season
Him and anthony nicholson seen as george and paul are roumerd to be going to fev&fax&by the sounds of it dane manning is coming back but i know roumors aint always true but with them going full time then its a high possibility,i dont really know about a strike centre could be hard to find,but another pivot must mean tom is going so to fill hia role grimshaw,or even take a chance one another student or someone playing at ametur like we have with alistar&al,theyve both been good so why not take won on trial?

#10 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well it wasn't Dewsbury, that's for sure. I have it very good authority that a number of players have signed up for next season on reduced terms; the money from the RFL to championship clubs next season will be reduced so no increases in budgets are expected.

i strongly suspect that a lot of the rumours regarding the scale of offers available for next season can be laid firmly at the feet of agents worried that they may also see a fall in income.

Read it again BSJ it says teams currently outside the play off positions , that rules out the top 8 , that rules out Dewsbury

#11 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Even going on JK's successes in bringing on good youngsters, I think we need to be careful about giving him too much to do in welding together another side. IMO we need to sign a couple of established players who can slot in and know what it's all about and can get us out of the traps. Re Black at 13, not big enough, would prefer another good 2nd row man and play Applegarth at 13, I know we're going to be top-heavy with halves and hookers but that's how it is. Anybody heard if Leary is staying,and what about young Whitmore, are we shipping him back to Oldham, both good youngsters who for one reason or another never got in the frame. 

#12 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

leary is looking to stay again...whitmore is prob gonna be gone.good player but a bit ecstatic for me.I heard rowe is rumored to go fax and heard also potts oof to fax too.

#13 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

leary is looking to stay again...whitmore is prob gonna be gone.good player but a bit ecstatic for me.I heard rowe is rumored to go fax and heard also potts oof to fax too.

Rowe has re-signed for next year.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#14 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

#15 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

need another monster like rowenator,makes yards and plays with grunt,good offload needs someone with him at all times when the big man gives it need a player coming off his shoulder,need a good centre and think the signing of leatherbarrow might help blacks game with a good hooker need to get that ball passed about

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

More ecstatic players, that's what you need! Followed by ecstatic supporters, of course.

:onthequiet:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well heard on grape vine there swapping players with a player for rowe and ootts is done deal.he always punches holes but not enough support also new hb will offer more I think

#18 dipset11

dipset11
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well heard on grape vine there swapping players with a player for rowe and ootts is done deal.he always punches holes but not enough support also new hb will offer more I think

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

? Manning??

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#20 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

? Manning??

Apparently manning is a done deal because their off full time but he doesnt want to risk loosing his job and then getting dropped,what ive heard!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users