Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AFTER NEXT WEEKEND.

what comes next?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

The RL can't promote OLDHAM from Championship 1 as their ground does not meet the requirements for Championship rugby-- ( if you read the Oldham Forum they are not expecting to be promoted)---

so what happens next ?

only 1 club could be relegated or

the club that finishes third in Championship 1 could be promoted or

the RL could fast track a new club into the Championship-- from France ?

add to this the faint rumours that London Broncos may not start next season, which would mean either Featherstone or Halifax going into Super League if they wanted to-  which again would mean 1 club short in the Championship.

are there any other thoughts from  you knowledgeable people on this Forum. ?

#2 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Can't see anyone being promoted to SL for 2014 if London go bump for a number of reasons, but mainly because they're in process of reducing numbers from 14 to 12 anyway, and the loss of London simply assists that process. My hunch would be that they'd go with 13 clubs next year in SL. The Oldham situation is interesting, and if they won a "promotion" place the RFL surely can't simply hand it to the 3rd club in C1. Therefore 13th team in our division (I'm a Swinton fan btw) would survive. My understanding is that Toulouse are set to join SL2 in 2015.

#3 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

If all these scenarios come into play then I would expect both sl and championship to start with one team less and then as Steve says will be both one step closer to the two x 12 for 2015.

That said, I am sure that Oldham, if promoted would be able to arrange something. The rfl usually work with the club (eg barrow have been given an extension re floodlights)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#4 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

But Oldham have already been given a good number of years to bring Whitebank to standard .I would imagine if they do get promoted they will tempory relocate to a suitable stadium .Having said that the play offs in Championship one will be very interesting with any club able to beat any other on the day .
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Been saying for a while, we must not finish bottom. 2nd bottom and we may have an escape route like Dewsbury had when Barrow were demoted.Cant see London Broncos starting next season.

Posted Image

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

So the weekend came and went with the predictable results.

All we know at the moment is York who finished bottom might be replaced by the Crusaders who finished top of C1.

No news on the situation at Oldham , their ground does not meet the requirements for the Championship. Can they arrange to play thir home games at another venue eg Leigh Sporting Village , or Oldham AFC, and can they afford to do this ?

Will the RL say only one club down, or 2 down and fudge the issue by fast tracking another club into the Championship (from France? )

Two small points from Sunday

1- what happened to the PA system- why no updates on scores from other games -(bring back SIMON)  and

2- where were the Dancing girls ? -- thought they would have made a appearance for the last game of the season.

Only people to blame for us finishing second from bottom are the owners of the club-- ie - those of us who are members of HIST for not demanding action at the end of last season or the early part of this season.

#7 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

Well Done , FRISKY FILLY , for holding your hand up , and admittin action should have been taken . MUCH RESPECT .... I Await Our Coach following Suit and Appologiesing PRIOR To LEAVING Our GREAT Club . . .

#8 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

You can blame who the hell you like for why Hunslet have been relegated the question that should be on every bodies lips is what can you all do as a club to be successful as possible in 2014, because if you don't stop all the back biting and squabbling you wont have a club to support then you have all lost out. So be positive and all work together for the good of Hunslet. The Hawks forum is slowly becoming embarrassing with one against the other it wasn't like this when i first started posting on here it was like the musketeers all for one and one for all where all that gone. York are not crying in their soup they are already planning ahead to win the div 1 next year and so should you for gods sake let it go.
chappy

#9 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

You can blame who the hell you like for why Hunslet have been relegated the question that should be on every bodies lips is what can you all do as a club to be successful as possible in 2014, because if you don't stop all the back biting and squabbling you wont have a club to support then you have all lost out. So be positive and all work together for the good of Hunslet. The Hawks forum is slowly becoming embarrassing with one against the other it wasn't like this when i first started posting on here it was like the musketeers all for one and one for all where all that gone. York are not crying in their soup they are already planning ahead to win the div 1 next year and so should you for gods sake let it go.

Well said

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Good Points .Right then . Start by gettin Rid of our Inept Coach . 2. Sever the link with Leeds R.L. . . Niether have done Hunslet Any Good . Leeds R.L. could have done More . The Coach had 26 games , and as WE Are Relegated ,,he isnt upto the Job . I dont want to be Negative but How Can anyone defend the Above ????

#11 funkygibbon

funkygibbon
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

stop all the moaning and get behind the club we will rise again look forward to 2014 and stop nit picking and get behind hist . :bb:

#12 funkygibbon

funkygibbon
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I ONLY SPEAK THE TRUE :girlwerewolf:

#13 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Didn't Oldham play at Boundary Park (Oldham football) a few seasons ago?

#14 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Can't see Oldham playing LSV with Leigh and Swinton already playing there, unless they have double headers. Anyway, who's to say Oldham are going to win the playoffs, there's 3 other teams that could get promoted.

It's time to park the camels.

#15 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

stop all the moaning and get behind the club we will rise again look forward to 2014 and stop nit picking and get behind hist . :bb:

... Forums are a stage to voice an opinion .I Will Always Support Hunslet. But NEVER , A Leeds R.L. 'A' team . Its Not a moan . Those that want to sleep with the devil , shall pay the price ! This Year Relegation . Soon Home games at Headingly.., PLEASE WAKE UP to REALITY !!!

#16 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

... Forums are a stage to voice an opinion .I Will Always Support Hunslet. But NEVER , A Leeds R.L. 'A' team . Its Not a moan . Those that want to sleep with the devil , shall pay the price ! This Year Relegation . Soon Home games at Headingly.., PLEASE WAKE UP to REALITY !!!

Okay okay. You've been making your same point for a month now it's like Groundhog Day. Play a new tune mate or tell us all it's a wind up.

Cue.......Leeds RL this and Leeds RL that!!

Edited by Penola, 02 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#17 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Okay okay. You've been making your same point for a month now it's like Groundhog Day. Play a new tune mate or tell us all it's a wind up.

or EATON OUT FRICKING BORING
chappy

#18 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

WE HAVE JUST BEEN RELEGATED . IT AINT BORING . A VERY SAD YET TRUE FACT . ALL IS NOT RIGHT WITH THE CLUB ....

#19 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yet again,it's not a Leeds "A" team.Not often you are right but you're wrong again.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Good Points .Right then . Start by gettin Rid of our Inept Coach . 2. Sever the link with Leeds R.L. . . Niether have done Hunslet Any Good . Leeds R.L. could have done More . The Coach had 26 games , and as WE Are Relegated ,,he isnt upto the Job . I dont want to be Negative but How Can anyone defend the Above ????

What could Leeds have done?

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users