64-4

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I see Melbourne have hammered Parra 64-4 today. Proof NRL isn't as awesome as its made out to be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ruddy Melbourne, ruining the NRL.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I'm sure petro will be along soon to tell us para were actually competitive and it was much better than any SL one sided game etc blah blah...

#4 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

One of my favourite NRL sides hammered by one of my least liked. :( Urgh.

Can't say that's a surprising score, it was pretty predictable actually. Parramatta are just terrible at present, they seem to have no confidence or composure and their season has been as good as over for a while. I hope they can bounce back next year, they've made some strong signings and hopefully more will follow.

Edited by MrFussy, 25 August 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#5 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Thank you. I was just about to watch it.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Thank you. I was just about to watch it.

Ha - brilliant!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

Ricky Stuart is a waste and has done nothing at Parramatta. The Eels were only 16-4 down at the halftime and were not out of the game. But then Melbourne in the second half were just as usual, way too clinical and stepped up a gear or two and blew Parra away. I doubt any team would have lived with them in that second half as they were in such a mood. Again Bellamy has got a side that contained a number of youngsters like Bromwich (Jnr), Glasby, Mclean) to do the basics which allows the 3 amigos to do their magic. Chambers for me is very underrated as is Maurice Blair. Some great running and support play. Wouldnt be too surprised to see Melbourne as champs yet again. Was lucky to spend a day their with the U20s and the set up is out of this world and attention to detail and focus on whats best for the team and not any one person was an eyeopener.

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

I'm sure petro will be along soon to tell us para were actually competitive and it was much better than any SL one sided game etc blah blah...

Correct. Every one of those trys had to be so hard earned that the scorers are now unable to walk. It really demonstrates that there are no easy games in Australia.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#9 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

One of my favourite NRL sides hammered by one of my least liked. :( Urgh.

Can't say that's a surprising score, it was pretty predictable actually. Parramatta are just terrible at present, they seem to have no confidence or composure and their season has been as good as over for a while. I hope they can bounce back next year, they've made some strong signings and hopefully more will follow.

Perhaps they should be relegated so that they can rebuild in a lower division.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#10 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I see Melbourne have hammered Parra 64-4 today. Proof NRL isn't as awesome as its made out to be.

Parramatta were a lost cause mid season when the Coach told half the players both minor and big names that they were not going to be there next year.

What has a squad got when half are told they are ###### and are sacked?

They would still have done better than Hull in the Challenge cup though  :tongue:  or Hull KR

What a promotion that was for the game.

The three other Aussies that saw it downunder agreed with me it was not the best advertisement for the game.

Edited by AndyCapp, 25 August 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#11 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

And I am watching it at 22-4 at 53 minutes so GT as usual you disappoint.

#12 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Confident Hull KR would have stuffed Wigan yesterday!

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

There have been a lot of blow out scores in the NRL this season.  While the winning team so far has not scored above 70, and so can't claim to be quite as blow out as SL, I've not seen anything in the NRL to suggest it is worth the drooling that some RL supporters and media types indulge in whenever it is mentioned.  As with SL, there are a few really good teams in the league down there and there are some really poor teams and then there are some middling teams too. 

#14 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Problem is, as bad as Parra have been over there this year, they'd still push for the 8 over here.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#15 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

There have been a lot of blow out scores in the NRL this season.  While the winning team so far has not scored above 70, and so can't claim to be quite as blow out as SL, I've not seen anything in the NRL to suggest it is worth the drooling that some RL supporters and media types indulge in whenever it is mentioned.  As with SL, there are a few really good teams in the league down there and there are some really poor teams and then there are some middling teams too. 

Very true, but unlike in SL, an NRL team's status can change pretty quickly. Parramatta were Grand Finalists in 2009 and now look down and out. It'll be no surprise if in the next 2-3 years they're in contention again. Since 2004 the Roosters have gone from being Grand Finalists to Wooden Spoon recipients, back to being Grand Finalists (they got there in 2010 after coming bottom in 2009), back to being poor and now back to being favourites again.

Some teams (most notably Melbourne) have been at the top for a long while, but generally speaking the balance of power shifts far more regularly over there than it does here. For me that's one of the aspects that makes it such an enjoyable and intriguing competition.

Edited by MrFussy, 25 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#16 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Very true, but unlike in SL, an NRL team's status can change pretty quickly. Parramatta were Grand Finalists in 2009 and now look down and out. It'll be no surprise if in the next 2-3 years they're in contention again. Since 2004 the Roosters have gone from being Grand Finalists to Wooden Spoon recipients, back to being Grand Finalists (they got there in 2010 after coming bottom in 2009), back to being poor and now back to being favourites again.

Some teams (most notably Melbourne) have been at the top for a long while, but generally speaking the balance of power shifts far more regularly over there than it does here. For me that's one of the aspects that makes it such an enjoyable and intriguing competition.

While I take your point, that isn't really anything to do with comparative standards though is it? 

#17 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I wonder if this will result into looking at reducing the defensive standoff perhaps to 7m?

The 10m rule means it is too easy to score especially when the weather is good

#18 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I wonder if this will result into looking at reducing the defensive standoff perhaps to 7m?

It's time to park the camels.

#19 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

So within 24 hours we had a Challenge Cup final (in the wet) with 16 points and an NRL match in the sun with 68 points. So the new rule will be referees going out into the middle before kick off with a sat reading and light metre and then declaring how far back each defence will be.

Sides getting tonked in the sunny first half can pray for rain at half-time.  :fie:

#20 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Perhaps they should be relegated so that they can rebuild in a lower division.

Agreed, Newtown Jets have waited long enough for their shot. Get them in, licensing is ruining the sport in Oz and the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users