Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

64-4

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

I am sure that Cronulla had the likes of Fifita,gallen, lewis out for state of origin. Roosters are good though and why they are first. Its one of the stupid things with state ofmorigin that teams are forced to send out weakened teams during this time and crowds are lower as well. SoO should be played on a weekend and teams not forced to miss thier stars

Thanks, seems plausible as they are siting fifth.   On a side note I did a google on the Sharks  (I don't take much notice of NRL to be honest) and was surprised to read that they may have to relocate depending upon results of an investigation, that they are close to insolvency,  and in another article it mentions that many believe too many clubs in Sydney.

Gosh I thought only super-league had problems and that all was hunky dory in NRL, it came as a bit of a surprise.

#42 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thats mainly why I was surprised, I can remember "back in the day" how it was well known that many Aussie fans used to stay up to watch the final and it was held in very high regard. Shame to see it no longer gets the coverage it deserves down under.

There was no Sat TV then so the Challenge Cup would have always been on FTA. Also it would have been higher profile in the 1980s and 1990s with so many ARL stars guesting during the off-season (Kenny, Stirling, Miles, Vautin, Ferguson et al) as you say.

I watched Serie A Italian football in the 1990s when it was live on UK Channel 4 every Sunday afternoon. I haven't seen a live Serie A game since. Times have changed.

Edited by Scubby, 30 August 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#43 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Stirling

Heathen. You, not Sterlo.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users