Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting story..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Five – Best story of the year? Here’s a contender...

Heard an astonishing tale over the weekend. The identities of those involved are going to remain anonymous, for reasons that will soon become clear.

Earlier this year a referee’s wife ran off with a player. In recent weeks the referee has controlled a game involving that player for the first time since the domestic drama.

It seems the player had a pretty bad performance. Certainly if you look at the stats and see the number of unforced errors he made.

Apparently most of them came from rather dubious knock-on decisions. How unfortunate.

http://www.loverugby...f-the-year.html

Posted Image

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

If that were true, it would take a decent journalist about twenty minutes to work out who was who.

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,546 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

If that were true, it would take a decent journalist about twenty minutes to work out who was who.

Thankfully we have don't have very many of them covering the sport ;)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thankfully we have don't have very many of them covering the sport ;)

You are right. The identities of those concerned are quite safe unless the RFL choose to make a press release that the hacks can copy / paste into their column.

#5 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

You are right. The identities of those concerned are quite safe unless the RFL choose to make a press release that the hacks can copy / paste into their column.

Unfortunately very true.

#6 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

The player was offside. ;)

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,546 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

The funniest similar thing I heard was about 5 years ago, I was listening over the mic to a referee briefing the team captains pre-match (I was assessing the ref). The game was something of a local derby game and the first time the teams had competed in the league for years due to one team's promotion.

Home captain says to the ref before he can say anything "Ref, there'll be trouble in today's game.'

Ref: "Why's that then?"

Home captain pointing to away captain: "because that c*** shagged my wife"

I could see the ref's shoulders drop. :D

First punch thrown 30 seconds into the game, first yellow card was 1m 40 seconds in and the ref gave a "next punch is red card" warning and blew the pea out of his whistle for the rest of the game at any sign of a conflict.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

That ref should be suspended for being unprofessional. It's not the players fault his wife wanted a slice of him instead. I reckon it was someone in the conference leagues.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Ian Smith or Ashley Klein

#10 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Surely it would be an indecent journalist who spent their time prying into players' private lives?

Is that really what you'd want to see any Rugby League journalists write about?

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#11 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Surely it would be an indecent journalist who spent their time prying into players' private lives?

Quite.

#12 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Had the journo gone out a-prying to find the story, I would agree. However now that it has been suggested, is there not some interest in the story?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users