Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Prison Break

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

So I've just finished watching Prison Break after watching it for 3 weeks straight on Netflix and I feel like a part of me has died. It's one of them shows where you will forever if you see the actors in anything else call them by their characters names in PB much like Friends; Joey, Chandler etc.

I don't know what to do with myself at the moment and when Breaking Bad finishes in a month or so I will truly be in a state of deep depression.

So, has anyone else seen Prison Break? Or Breaking Bad?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#2 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Just started watching Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston is a fantastic actor and plays down trodden brilliantly.

Just signed up to Netflix, I can't believe I waited so long to do it.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Just started watching Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston is a fantastic actor and plays down trodden brilliantly.

Just signed up to Netflix, I can't believe I waited so long to do it.

By the end you'll forever call him Walter White even though he was Malcolms Dad first :P

2014 SQL League Leader

#4 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,930 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm saving the last episodes of Breaking Bad to watch them in one burst rather than get annoyed at cliffhanger after cliffhanger each week.  I really don't get why it was never shown by the UK TV channels.

A left-field selection for others to consider is Bates Motel.  Seen a couple of episodes so far and it's quite good, lots of potential to understand how Norman Bates became the man he was.  The kid they've got playing Norman has the telltales of Anthony Perkins right and just has the look, a very good casting choice by the show.  I can see a few problems coming up though, it's going to be difficult to keep it fresh as we know what happens at the end of the story.

Then there's Fringe.  An outstanding TV series that's a bit like Marmite for some.  The first series can be a bit loose but from the second series onwards it's outstanding.

If you've never seen Dexter then there's a rare treat to find yourself being dragged into supporting a serial killer.  I'm glad that it's on its final series now as it was getting a bit stale, knowing it's in its last few episodes adds a whole new impetus to the show.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

If you've never seen Dexter then there's a rare treat to find yourself being dragged into supporting a serial killer.  I'm glad that it's on its final series now as it was getting a bit stale, knowing it's in its last few episodes adds a whole new impetus to the show.

Mother-in-law has been watching Dexter, she keeps telling us to watch it but we're not sure about it. Will give it a try! My friend says he has been watching Orange is the New Black or something like that, not really sure what it's about except a womens prison so hopefully there's a fit one so I can back at the missus for gawking at Wentworth Miller for 4 seasons. (Only to find he's come out as gay a couple of days ago bless her :D )

2014 SQL League Leader

#6 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Breaking Bad for me. Best tv series I've ever had the pleasure to watch. But only five more episodes to go

#7 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,052 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I've revisited Breaking Bad on Netflix as I only watched the first season a few years ago. I've got it all to come :D
Fides invicta triumphat

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Working our way through the various seasons of Fringe and True Blood at the moment. Entertaining enough viewing.

28m391z.jpg

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

At the time when it was first on, I pretty much thought that the first series of Prison Break was one of the best shows I had seen – I’d still stand by that actually taken on its own. The second series was pretty good as well actually and if it had ended there it would have been pretty satisfying. However the final few moments of that series – when they had realised they needed to eek this out for another series at least – spoiled it. I gave up halfway through the third series, I wasn’t a massive fan of the big conspiracy plot to be honest.

Breaking Bad probably is the current best show I have seen – consistently engrossing, anyone who is up to date with the very latest episodes can testify it is as gripping now as it was a few years ago. Amazing when you read interviews with the creator/writers that they don’t have any idea where the might go from year to year and yet when you get to some plot points it seems as if they have them planned out since day one, they are that intricate.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010