TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Workington Player of the Year

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Do you have a fans player of the year?Just wondering who your fans would vote for as I rate Callum Philiphs in a few games saw on TV.Looked decent against Widnes and Stack I thought looked handy.I know a few rate Acton and Coward too.

#2 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

End of season presentation doo mate but when we win the playoffs there might be one or 2 in for it

#3 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Any one from Calum Phillips, Peter Lupton and kris coward for me. Whole squad has done us proud this year.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Karl Olstrom has to be up there

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Stack, olstrum,callum & acton. One of them 4 for me.

#6 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Callum......

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#7 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

probably Callum for me ,but wouldnt argue if a few others won it.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lupton for me very closely followed by Coward & Stack.
Callum young player of the year.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Callum or Stack for me.

Edited by ChunkyOnion, 26 August 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#10 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Jamie Acton. 110% every game . Will run through a brickwall for the team and would tackle anything.

Lupton,C.Phillips and Coward been awesome too.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

No brainer in my opinion . Who's performed consistently at a level for 80 , start to finish ( Swinton MOM .. York MOM ) and who's the most important player , the hub of what you do and you'd miss most when taken out due to him pulling all the strings... Stand up Peter Lupton . He's delivered and no mistake . Go round again please if at all possible . Callum the rookie star , Acton the forward star , Coward most improved ( close from Mossop ) and Olstrum top defender . Special award for Matty for outstanding and brave efforts . Stack top clubman and top leader . We may not be the most technically or tactically gifted but gee there should be 20 odd medals for endeavour and achievement in a blooming hard league .

Edited by DavidM, 26 August 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#12 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

No brainer in my opinion . Who's performed consistently at a level for 80 , start to finish ( Swinton MOM .. York MOM ) and who's the most important player , the hub of what you do and you'd miss most when taken out due to him pulling all the strings... Stand up Peter Lupton . He's delivered and no mistake . Go round again please if at all possible . Callum the rookie star , Acton the forward star , Coward most improved ( close from Mossop ) and Olstrum top defender . Special award for Matty for outstanding and brave efforts . Stack top clubman and top leader . We may not be the most technically or tactically gifted but gee there should be 20 odd medals for endeavour and achievement in a blooming hard league .

I'd go along with much of that but for me most improved player is Morris. Great go forward; a real handful for defenders now.

#13 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Best DR player award?? Gotta be Hulme although there has been some strong from Lawton and flynb

#14 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Peter Lupton for me, come back after a difficult season last year to show his true worth. Callum,Acton,Olstrum and Stack not far behind. I hope Andy Morris is still here next year, he's a very versatile player and he's improving every time I see him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users