Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Craven keighley bound ?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Anywhere near as in dont get too excited??

#22 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

He would be a good addition to our squad for next season.

#23 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Do we get a clue ?! May keep us occupied till the Donny game.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#24 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Wayne Godwin?
Posted Image

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Patrick Ah Van,

#26 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Jamie Peacock

#27 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

Richard Moore.. Could go on for ages, wel just have to wait and see

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

I reckon Wayne godwins a good guess

#29 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Anywhere near as in dont get too excited??

Best guess yet I reckon. I suppose with budgets squeezed next year for all the championship clubs (and I suppose ours will be tighter than most), marquee signings will be out of the question. My guess ?   KP will talk his brother into leaving the grotty sun baked suburbs of Catalan for a carefree existence in the leafy lanes and green pastures of the heavy woollen - and don't forget, you lot started it. ;)

#30 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Jamie Peacock

Christ I hope not! Not that I've anything against him, it just amazes me how the Whinos get him to stand up let alone run about. My lads team played Stanningley a few weeks back and Mr Peacock was there, poor sod had trouble moving. (mind you they had just lost to Huddersfield the day before :biggrin: ) 

Edited by muddyfunster, 03 September 2013 - 12:02 PM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#31 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Christ I hope not! Not that I've anything against him, it just amazes me how the Whinos get him to stand up let alone run about. My lads team played Stanningley a few weeks back and Mr Peacock was there, poor sod had trouble moving. (mind you they had just lost to Huddersfield the day before :biggrin: ) 

Yes, when SL has done with him I don't think Mr Peacock will have a lot more to offer. Maybe that is the case with quite a few players who try and make the drop to Championship rugby to get a couple more seasons in the game before they hang up their boots. After playing and training at such an intensity for so long their body has had all of the resilience knocked out of it. We've seen it with a few players.

To get back to the original theme of the thread, I don't comment because I don't know why James Craven has been apparently out of favour this season, but you have to say that he can't have much reason to want to stick with the club in the face of other offers this year, as he has done in the past. If he is going I wish him luck, and will be sorry to see him go. For me he is a better Full Back than anyone we have seen playing in that position for the Rams this season.

#32 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

GOR - Just who would be a marquee signing?

#33 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Put us all out of our misery - who is it?

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yes, when SL has done with him I don't think Mr Peacock will have a lot more to offer. Maybe that is the case with quite a few players who try and make the drop to Championship rugby to get a couple more seasons in the game before they hang up their boots. After playing and training at such an intensity for so long their body has had all of the resilience knocked out of it. We've seen it with a few players.

To get back to the original theme of the thread, I don't comment because I don't know why James Craven has been apparently out of favour this season, but you have to say that he can't have much reason to want to stick with the club in the face of other offers this year, as he has done in the past. If he is going I wish him luck, and will be sorry to see him go. For me he is a better Full Back than anyone we have seen playing in that position for the Rams this season.

FWIW JC has been very appreciative of the way that the club stuck by him this season. He had a great number of personal and professional problems about which they were very supportive.

Sadly, reduced budgets have meant that the deal he was offered was lower than this season (as it has been with many players) and his agent has persuaded free-spending Keighley to offer him more, allegedly.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Put us all out of our misery - who is it?

We've only ever made one outstanding signing from Bradford, but I am too modest to reveal who that was.

:angel:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

GOR - Just who would be a marquee signing?

So long since we had one I'll be damned if I can remember what thy look like WR. Apart from some of those already mentioned, the best I could come up with (and the extent of my realistic ambitions) would be Chisholm from Leeds, Crookes or Platt from the Bulls, Clare from cas, Potts from the dogs, Saxton from fev and any number of players we obviously couldn't afford. Given we can't afford to keep JC, I rather think I'm being overoptimistic. TBH I'm not expecting too much and I think I'll not be disappointed - I doubt I'll be much different from many other supporters at better placed clubs than ours.

#37 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

We've only ever made one outstanding signing from Bradford, but I am too modest to reveal who that was.

You ARE Johnny Wolford then - respect. :yes:  :preved:

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

You ARE Johnny Wolford then - respect. :yes:  :preved:

If only!!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#39 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Didn't stop us signing Nick Fozzard when he was quite clearly struggling with injuries

#40 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I agree, Willie Walker was a real character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users