Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Craven keighley bound ?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Didn't stop us signing Nick Fozzard when he was quite clearly struggling with injuries

It's a long-standing Dewsbury tradition, surely?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#42 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Leon Pryce is a player I have heard is signing for next season so I have heard

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#43 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well I wouldn't believe it Kelsey mate ;) Happy enough with Karl anyway!

#44 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

GOR - Just who would be a marquee signing?

So Wilsden - which of our new signings do YOU think will be our best acquisition ? :angel:  

#45 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

So Wilsden - which of our new signings do YOU think will be our best acquisition ? :angel:  

Come on Grumpy, you're not John Humphries you know. Answer the question!

:rtfm:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#46 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Leon Pryce is a player I have heard is signing for next season so I have heard

Well if you have heard it twice Kelsy the Bulldog it must be true!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#47 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Leon pryce don't be daft like we could afford his salary

#48 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Come on Grumpy, you're not John Humphries you know. Answer the question!

:rtfm:

Would it help if I gave you an example of past marquee signings BSJ. John Langley in the seventies, Eddie Rombo and Les Holiday in the Norman Smith era, and the last ones would have been Francis Maloney, Wozza and Darren Rogers. Not saying we haven't had a few other gooduns though (Maun, Powell, Epati, Buchanan, craven etc.), but they weren't as high profile. Is your mysterious fullback either Jamie Ford or Stuart Reardon by the way ?

#49 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

GOR - I am still getting over the shock of you using the term 'Marquee Signing' and 'Michael Platt' in the same post!

I hope that after all the opinions expressed and advice given on this Forum over the last few years, our Fans regard
the efforts and committment to secure 2 players to cover the half back positions as 'Marquee' signings.

Leon Pryce would be a 'Marquee Signing' but I am afraid we would need at least 5 Numbers + the Bonus Ball on the Lottery
to even consider offering a Deal!

Also, your 2 guesses for the mystery player are both wrong.

#50 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

Would it help if I gave you an example of past marquee signings BSJ. John Langley in the seventies, Eddie Rombo and Les Holiday in the Norman Smith era, and the last ones would have been Francis Maloney, Wozza and Darren Rogers. Not saying we haven't had a few other gooduns though (Maun, Powell, Epati, Buchanan, craven etc.), but they weren't as high profile. Is your mysterious fullback either Jamie Ford or Stuart Reardon by the way ?

Fair enough GOR. All decent signings.

I look back with nostalgia to the days when players could slide down the league gracefully bringing their skills and attributes to "lesser" clubs such as ours. i reckon that the rigours of modern day RL are too great to allow this to happen in the same way - when players are (or should be) on the verge of retirement then they turn out to be pretty well shot. Fozzard and Epati are but two examples of such in recent times, and we did sign many a player on  his way down who turned out to have a permanently gammy leg or arm; so many in fact that I am always suspicious of any player who makes such a move nowadays.

The full back who I understand may join us (many a slip etc.) will be unknown to most of us but I understand brings with him a lot of potential. He would certainly not fit into the category of someone on his way down - in all probability quite the opposite.

As I get older I have to persuade myself to enjoy the present season as much as possible though, we never know what the future might bring.

:flood:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 05 September 2013 - 10:03 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#51 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

GOR - I am still getting over the shock of you using the term 'Marquee Signing' and 'Michael Platt' in the same post!

I hope that after all the opinions expressed and advice given on this Forum over the last few years, our Fans regard
the efforts and committment to secure 2 players to cover the half back positions as 'Marquee' signings.

Leon Pryce would be a 'Marquee Signing' but I am afraid we would need at least 5 Numbers + the Bonus Ball on the Lottery
to even consider offering a Deal!

Also, your 2 guesses for the mystery player are both wrong.

Well I guess one mans meat is another mans poison WR. If the rumours are correct, the two halfbacks who are joining us are undoubtedly good players, although it would appear the Fax fans don't rate one of them and the other isn't up to Batley's exacting standards - but marquee players ?  probably not. What I did try to say in a roundabout way, was that we would be unlikely to wreck the clubs budget to make such signings and rightly so. It doesn't stop me dreaming though does it. Unfortunately, I'm prepared to bet a months beer money, that there will be a number of clubs prepared to "splash the cash" in a

tish or bust bid to make SL2 in 2015. Attracting very good players can be done on a budget though, as the dogs have proved - wonder how many of this years Rams squad, would have made JK's 17 man matchday squad.  

Is it Tom Bush then ?   

#52 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well I guess one mans meat is another mans poison WR. If the rumours are correct, the two halfbacks who are joining us are undoubtedly good players, although it would appear the Fax fans don't rate one of them and the other isn't up to Batley's exacting standards - but marquee players ?  probably not. What I did try to say in a roundabout way, was that we would be unlikely to wreck the clubs budget to make such signings and rightly so. It doesn't stop me dreaming though does it. Unfortunately, I'm prepared to bet a months beer money, that there will be a number of clubs prepared to "splash the cash" in a

tish or bust bid to make SL2 in 2015. Attracting very good players can be done on a budget though, as the dogs have proved - wonder how many of this years Rams squad, would have made JK's 17 man matchday squad.  

Is it Tom Bush then ?   

Yes.

And no.

;)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#53 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Someone told me that leon and damien blanch will definately be rams players next season

And yet we are reporting a reduced playing budget next year, which leads me to speculate that this is very wide of the mark.

On the other hand someone told me that if I keep buying half-time draw tickets then I would be sure to win. Could this have been the same "someone"?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#54 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

BSJ... Maybe fortheloveofmoney got told by dunnomuch?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 05 September 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#55 dunno much

dunno much
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

BSJ... Maybe fortheloveofmoney got told by dunnomuch?

I dunno much bout that!

#56 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yes.

And no.

;)

Jimmy Keinhorst - fits the bill - young, can play centre or full back and that would also be my marquee signing - is it BSJ ? go on tell us it is ? Pleeeease  pretty please. :)  

Don't spose we can afford him mind. :cry:

#57 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Jimmy Keinhorst - fits the bill - young, can play centre or full back and that would also be my marquee signing - is it BSJ ? go on tell us it is ? Pleeeease  pretty please. :)  

Don't spose we can afford him mind. :cry:

:whistle:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#58 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

How about Wakefield's Paul Sykes or David Solomona!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 06 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

And there's Billy Slater of course!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

And there's Billy Slater of course!

Did our mystery fullback play for the Bulls last night ....   VE HAVE VAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users