Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who will be relegated from Superleague 2014

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

a return to the bad old days of shi't or bust rugby...........

And the days of life or death victories, you can't say it's not going to be more exciting. 

There's no point in them even playing out next year, Widnes will inevitably be relegated but will finish 13th. 

#22 morleyrhino

morleyrhino
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Why not Salford, just because Mr Koukash has turned up, and so far who he has signed have not exactly set SL alight, who is to say anyone else will?Reports from Aus that SBW is heading to Barton are probably over-exagerated. So who else is he going to bust the Cap on? I think 2013-4 winter will be another period of self-publicity & zero rated signings before MK gets bored and Brian Noble joins the ranks of "Star Names" who have failed to produce a decent, trophy challenge down at Sale Community StadiumFor my Money, London (as set out above), & Salford.

Spot on totally agree

#23 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

a return to the bad old days of shi't or bust rugby...........

I agree the golden age of stability is now being chucked down the pan.

#24 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

I agree the golden age of stability is now being chucked down the pan.

Sadly I fear the licensing period will be held up as some sort of golden age of the sport despite the fact that it is being dropped as the cracks have starting to appear. 

#25 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Lol cracks might be appearing, but they are naught compared to the Rift Valley the game is hurling itself into

#26 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

strange that the cracks are appearing east of the pennines so we all have to change to accomodate yawkshure clubs who can't or wont get up to speed.....................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#27 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Such as?

Given its was a 10-2 vote by the SL I'd suggest some on the dark side had issues too

#28 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Relegate London, Cas and Hull KR and bring in Toulouse.

Then close the trapdoor again and don't open it up for another decade or two. Annual P&R is a complete disaster, and anyone who advocates its return is a complete fool.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Then close the trapdoor again and don't open it up for another decade or two. Annual P&R is a complete disaster, and anyone who advocates its return is a complete fool.

Why would you want to relegate a club that this season has defeated Saints three times and registered victories against Huddersfield, Warrington, Leeds, Catalans and Hull?

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#30 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Happy to be a complete fool.

#31 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Why would they relegate four?

Sorry. That should be three so they can shoehorn Touluse in.

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,878 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sorry. That should be three so they can shoehorn Touluse in.

I think that's more likely.  I assumed you were thinking they would be promoting a Championship club.  I really can't see that being part of the final agreed package.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#33 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I can't see three teams being relegated in 2014. More likely that the teams at the lower end of the top division of eight will, once their chances of finishing in the top four have disappeared, be moved into a separate division of eight with Toulouse and the three teams at the top of the middle division who are safe from finishing in the bottom four of that division. These teams then play each other home and away, with Toulouse playing more of their matches at home than away. The top three of this division will then rejoin the surviving five of the middle division to form the actual middle division, with the final top four being guaranteed a place in SL for the following season.

I think this straightforward structure is more in keeping with the desire to keep matches 'meaningful' and yet, at the same time, be innovative.

#34 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I hope Salford win the competition and I don't care who goes down out of the rest, but would prefer it to be 2 of this season top clubs. I am more looking forward to all the whinging, accusations and skulduggery than I am the product on the pitch.

#35 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

I thought the idea was to sign players & build a competitive squad?

1) http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23849472

2)http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23863357

at this rate they will be lucky to have a bare XIII for the opening game of 2014, unless they are going to use DR Oldham players? Ha Ha
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#36 Middleman

Middleman
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Why not Salford, just because Mr Koukash has turned up, and so far who he has signed have not exactly set SL alight, who is to say anyone else will?
Reports from Aus that SBW is heading to Barton are probably over-exagerated. So who else is he going to bust the Cap on? I think 2013-4 winter will be another period of self-publicity & zero rated signings before MK gets bored and Brian Noble joins the ranks of "Star Names" who have failed to produce a decent, trophy challenge down at Sale Community Stadium

For my Money, London (as set out above), & Salford.

Spot on totally agree

I thought the idea was to sign players & build a competitive squad?

1) http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23849472

2)http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/23863357

at this rate they will be lucky to have a bare XIII for the opening game of 2014, unless they are going to use DR Oldham players? Ha Ha

Feeling the Love Guys , Feelin the love ....

We're going the bust the Salary Cap, with the players we aren't going to sign , then come bottom .. 

Or we're going to have no players for 2014..well make yer ..mind  up la,

#37 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I hope Salford win the competition and I don't care who goes down out of the rest, but would prefer it to be 2 of this season top clubs. I am more looking forward to all the whinging, accusations and skulduggery than I am the product on the pitch.

Now that would be entertaining.

#38 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wakey worry me. Paper thin squad.

#39 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Don't see it as a disaster for who ever goes down. A drop down to SL2 might give them space to grow their club, and come back in better shape as Huddersfield did, after they had dragged along the bottom for a few seasons before getting relegated.

There goes that myth again with respect. Martyn Sadler declares Relegation will bankrupt and maybe close a club so your poles apart with him.

Huddersfield didn't grow their club because they were in a lower division, they grew it because of Mr. Davey's unlimited investment.

#40 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

In the season Huddersfield finally got relegated, the corner had been turned, relegation set the recovery back a season...

Also, that season they were relegated on points difference alone after Wakefield had winged their way out of a points deduction for cheating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users