Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

September - Leeds RL World Cup 2013 Heritage Month

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Celebrate the Rugby League World Cup in 2013 with Leeds Libraries in partnership with Leeds Rugby Foundation Heritage Project

Leeds Central Library, 1st floor Exhibition Space - Starts 4 September 2013

Explore the Rugby League World Cup’s rich and fascinating history through displays, memorabilia, events, talks and interactive activities throughout September 2013

Rugby League World Cup 2013 Heritage Month

Programme of events and activities in Leeds Central Library

All events are free

Wednesday 4 September – Monday 30 September

Open exhibition and displays.

Saturday 7 September, 1.00pm-3.00pm, Family Drop-in Event

Fun-filled activities with a rugby league theme for all the family.

Friday 13 September, 1.00pm-2.30pm, Origins of Rugby League in Leeds

Join author and leading rugby league historian Professor Tony Collins for an informative insight on how the game began in Leeds.

Tuesday 17 September, 6.30pm-8.00pm, Forty-20 Talking Rugby League: League Loves Libraries

Places limited for this event so please book by calling 0113 2476016 or emailing enquiry.express@leeds.gov.uk

Local players Jamie Jones Buchanan and Richard Mathers plus reporters Phil Caplan, Peter Smith and Tony Hannan share their passion for the game in a lively talk and discussion.

Saturday 21 September, 1.00pm-3.00pm, Family Drop-in Event

Fun-filled activities with a rugby league theme for all the family.

Tuesday 24 September, 6.30pm-8.00pm, Birth of Rugby league: Broken Time

Join Mick Martin as he discusses the history of Rugby League, the writing of the play ‘Broken Time’ and the historical events surrounding the piece with cast members performing extracts from it.

Friday 27 September, 1.00pm-2.30pm, They Walked On Water

David Hinchliffe talking about his recent book on the infamous 1968 Watersplash Challenge Cup Final between Leeds and Wakefield Trinity.

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#2 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

I will be at Tony Collins' Origin talk and at Mick Martin's Broken Time presentation, so if you see me there do come and say hello. :)

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I do not recall there ever being anything so coordinated in 2000, but that might be because I have blocked it out. Looks good and bodes well.

#4 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

There will be more across the country, including the launch of the Official RLWC exhibition at the Manchester United Museum at Old Trafford, plus events in Hull, Wigan and Huddersfield. I will post details as I get them.

#5 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Bump. Tony Collins' talk takes place today from 1pm. Hope to see some of you there. Come and say hello!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users