Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#101 big lad

big lad
  • Coach
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

I cant believe how arrogant them fev fans were at the game today
In Life, In Death, O Lord, abide with me
Have Faith, Have Belief

Posted Image

#102 General Salt

General Salt
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why were Fev singing champions? There not the current champions and have not won anything? Have I missed something?

#103 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Why were Fev singing champions? There not the current champions and have not won anything? Have I missed something?

Check the league table we won that so yes we have won something

#104 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Do any of you fans know what actually happened to Tommy and hope he is not too badly injured

#105 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Think you are splitting hairs, they won the league and arrogance is therefore anticipated and understandable.

We will all soon be back together in the restructured leagues for 2015.

I would advise Featherstone to be careful what the wish for.... It could end in tears (and lower crowds... Human nature only supports successful teams).

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#106 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Do any of you fans know what actually happened to Tommy and hope he is not too badly injured

I've heard it was a neck/back injury, but haven't heard how he is yet

#107 General Salt

General Salt
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Check the league table we won that so yes we have won something

I've checked the league table and it doesn't say you are champions, something about playoffs and grand finals?

#108 Penola

Penola
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

I've heard it was a neck/back injury, but haven't heard how he is yet

Ribs apparently

#109 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well done Fev you won the league , and thats the main trophey , and in my eyes not the play-off trophey..............

#110 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I've checked the league table and it doesn't say you are champions, something about playoffs and grand finals?

Have you looked what it says about your team

#111 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

.....Its Wining The League that counts , Consistancy Over a Season ! Congratulations to Fev . Worthy Champians . . . .

#112 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

.....Its Wining The League that counts , Consistancy Over a Season ! Congratulations to Fev . Worthy Champians . . . .

While I agree with you to a degree, you are simply wrong, They are not champions unless they win the play offs. In reality, winning the play off series is all that counts.

#113 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Have you looked what it says about your team

.... I ll be lookin Very Closely and I expect our coach to Stand up and Resign . The Only DECENT thing to do !!!!

#114 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

While I agree with you to a degree, you are simply wrong, They are not champions unless they win the play offs. In reality, winning the play off series is all that counts.

.... Its all about opinions , which is fine . Im with the Old school , Top of the league for me . Anyteam can …fluke… 4 games and be play off champions, just marketin Hype . Look at Leeds R.L. For me Worthy champions are table top . To prove my point , we dont have play offs to see who gets relegated !!!

#115 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Out of interest, how does it prove your point?

#116 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for that HUNSLET 72 I'm a big believer that the league leaders shield is the best to win as its the hardest to do and everyone has a chance to win it at the beginning of the season unlike the GF. Each to there own if the ones who say it means nothing win it one year it will mean something then and I think Fev are happy with the winning money over the last 4 year It will be interesting to see what the Huddersfield fans think of there's this year now they have won it

#117 Churwellhawks1973

Churwellhawks1973
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Has David march retired now ? Heard Oldham can not go up so will that mean Hunslet stay up a long shot . Get well soon tommy . Back to a skeleton crowd next season then eh . Rhinos done nothing for us this year they make me puke the ####

#118 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Out of interest, how does it prove your point?

.... It shows that after playin all season the worst teams are bottom and thus get relegated . So in reverse the team that is Top are Champions ! SIMPLE AS !

#119 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

OK, just asked. As I posted previously, I am reasonably sympathetic to your views about the play offs. However, they are what they are, and whether you like it or not, they are what teams are judged by. In 30 years time, the winners in the record book will be the team that wins the play - offs.

#120 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

can you tell us what the rfl are re-presenting that plate for and what they are divvying up prize money for then owd cocker?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)