Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Wouldn't it be nice for Hunslet if 1000 away fans visited the SLS every other week? I'm sure your directors would welcome them even if a few of them might be perceived as 'arrogant'. Anyway, best of luck for a quick return to the championship and I hope you go it alone. The rhinos are interested in themselves not Hunslet.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#142 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Can I give a special massive thankyou to the leeds rhino,s especially gh ,for the help they gave hunslet to beat the drop into rugby league oblivion,its been a pleasure ,who needs enemies eh.,,hunslet will survive im sure,

#143 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Can I give a special massive thankyou to the leeds rhino,s especially gh ,for the help they gave hunslet to beat the drop into rugby league oblivion,its been a pleasure ,who needs enemies eh.,,hunslet will survive im sure,

.... WELL SAID .Hope H I S T , Listen and Take Notice ! WELL DONE BARROW , No Dual Reg , NO RELEGATION ! ! ! Leeds R.L. Have Truly Had Our Pants Down !!! PASS THE K.Y. PLEASE ! ! ! ! !

#144 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Whats been so wrong with the Rhinos link?

didn't see many fans whining when likes of Moore, Leleuia, keninhorst etc were turning out for you.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#145 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Whats been so wrong with the Rhinos link?
didn't see many fans whining when likes of Moore, Leleuia, keninhorst etc were turning out for you.

....Leleuia ? When did he play ? ? ?

Edited by HUNSLET72, 02 September 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#146 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

yesterdays attendance was 1256

#147 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

So then, it wasn't to be, was it?

I posted in midweek that even though we obviously had the toughest task, the those that handled the pressure best would survive. And - injuries, patching ups and painkilling injections notwithstanding - I'm not sure we handled it well at all yesterday ...

First 20 minutes - lost it first tackle after a penalty tap on the Featherstone 20; Moore knocked on when it looked easier to score; a silly and blatant obstruction under the shadow of the Featherstone posts. After half time a disallowed try from Mapals (any theories as to why?), and a dropped ball over the line. Staying close to Featherstone is hard enough as it is without blowing all those chances.

Having said that, I think all we could hope for was a bonus point and pray it would be enough ... as it turned out, it wouldn't have been anyway, with the other results all going the wrong way for us.

Congratulations to Barrow, Swinton and Keighley, and of course to Featherstone for coming in top of the pile again. As for us, it was one game too far in what seems to have been an interminable relegation battle. In fact in one sense it felt last night (admittedly after a rather large tumbler of Bushmills) almost as if we'd finally been put out of our misery.

Give me a week or two and I'll be ready to see where the seemingly neverending trials, tribulations and, er, "challenges" of following Hunslet takes us next ...

#148 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

yesterdays attendance was 1256

:lol: my botty!!!
Rugby league attendance declarations don't afe make me chuckle!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#149 Penola

Penola
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

He was disguisf as paul mcshane

No that was Ruth Madoc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users