TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

GH comments in the YEP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Wow, GH comments in today's YEP are going to start a debate on here aren't they?

IMO though, don't ship Danny McGuire to us just to get fit. We would take a full fit McGuire 2 years ago, not a half fit one who's best years are behind him.

#2 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Did nt Expect anything else from the "World Club Champians"...For me it Should help to Open the eyes of The many GULLIBLE dual reg Fannabies ..... Hunslets owners need to grow some balls and thank leeds R.L. for there (LACK OF) support and End this arangement ......

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't agree at all with how dual-reg has turned out, but you would be mad to turn down Danny McGuire in your situation. He is still an outstanding player and would certainly show it at this level, especially with you fighting for your lives.

While totally commendable not picking him, it would also be totally crazy!

Posted Image

#4 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

McGuire won't/can't play for Hunslet this year so I hear

Edited by noname6, 27 August 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#5 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

We've got Andy Yates on d/r for next season, and if Keinhorst is still at University I would welcome him back anytime.

I also hear that Sutcliffe will be joining us, and I would also have Richard Moore, and Liam Hood.

We have to be more selective next season and only get the players WE WANT

When it comes to getting a squad together for next season, it won't be just the players we want but those who are willing to join us.

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

you need the pivotal positions covered 1 6 7 9 & 13 the 2 best props possible then build around that 2 big strong centres 2 big mobile second rowers and 2 safe handed s**t off a shovel wingers a bench full of 6/6" work horses and wallah there's your team for next season simple aint it. Oh i will leave the coaching positions to you lol.

Edited by suzzy, 27 August 2013 - 01:53 PM.

chappy

#7 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

GH at it again in today's Evening Post.  He says, "We will use Hunslet as a tool to get our players fit again" !!!

Gary, Gary, Gary you used the wrong words there to gain respect.  The word should have been 'vehicle' not 'tool'.

A tool is something that can be used to help achieve a task and can be thrown away and replaced when not needed or broken.  A vehicle is something that gets you from one place to another.

#8 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

We've got Andy Yates on d/r for next season, and if Keinhorst is still at University I would welcome him back anytime.
I also hear that Sutcliffe will be joining us, and I would also have Richard Moore, and Liam Hood.
We have to be more selective next season and only get the players WE WANT
When it comes to getting a squad together for next season, it won't be just the players we want but those who are willing to join us.

So a Leeds team

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Wow, GH comments in today's YEP are going to start a debate on here aren't they?

IMO though, don't ship Danny McGuire to us just to get fit. We would take a full fit McGuire 2 years ago, not a half fit one who's best years are behind him.

this is a none news story. Nothing new is said in this article that I didn't already know the sports desk phone must have been dead for them to print this story

Edited by sgt pepper, 28 August 2013 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users