Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Batley

1/9 3pm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Send us your thoughts on our potentially huge home game with Batley & you could be in the matchday magazine! ‪#‎13Knights‬

Who should play?
How should we play?
What do you think will happen?
Any good York v Batley memories?

Shall we have some predictions too?

Score:
First Tryscorer:
MOM:
Att:

Posted Image

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Bit weird sitting down to write programme notes for a game that could mean nothing or everything... What do I even talk about?!

Posted Image

#3 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Bit weird sitting down to write programme notes for a game that could mean nothing or everything... What do I even talk about?!

A round up of the season?

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

IF we win at Doncaster I don't know how long I could last on Sunday, especially if it's a close game, I'd probably have a heart attack. And even then, it's out of our hands!

Edited by YCKonstantine, 27 August 2013 - 12:38 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Any good York v Batley memories?

I think it was Batley when that fight came into the crowd (well, near enough)

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

The referee on Sunday is Mr G Stokes.

Posted Image

#7 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think it was Batley when that fight came into the crowd (well, near enough)

mark scott batley hooker and morrison for york were fighting i think
A few batley comebacks at york in previous games 22-26 and 24-22 we ended up winning

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

So then, the swansong... Are we having one last hurrah?

Posted Image

#9 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

So then, the swansong... Are we having one last hurrah?

I'd like to hope so, but can't see it. Let's just sing "We're York and we're proud of it" for 80 minutes.

#10 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

So it's our last ever match in the Championship (if we get promoted it won't be the championship anymore). I'm not expecting a win, I just hope they go out there and at least give us something to be proud about and the young lads give us a little taster of what we might be in store for next year!

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

There are no words to describe what I just witnessed. I've been watching Rugby for 11 years now, which I admit isn't much probably compared to most of you, but that's the worst refereeing display I've ever seen.

• Knocked forward about ten yards, play on. AHAHAHGASHGAHGAHGA
  • Held up. AJHAGSHASHAHGAHGAHG
  • Held up again. ASJFHASJFHASKJHUHAHJAHAJHAJAJAJAHAHAHAHHA
  • Sam Scott being kicked in the face by that ###### kicking his legs about 4 feet off the floor in the tackle. hjasdhahHGAHAHAGSHHGAHGSHAGA

The end result didn't matter, but that absolute tnuC has ruined what could have been a good game of Rugby.

Heres hoping the quality of officiating is better in C1!

#12 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

There are no words to describe what I just witnessed. I've been watching Rugby for 11 years now, which I admit isn't much probably compared to most of you, but that's the worst refereeing display I've ever seen.

• Knocked forward about ten yards, play on. AHAHAHGASHGAHGAHGA
  • Held up. AJHAGSHASHAHGAHGAHG
  • Held up again. ASJFHASJFHASKJHUHAHJAHAJHAJAJAJAHAHAHAHHA
  • Sam Scott being kicked in the face by that ###### kicking his legs about 4 feet off the floor in the tackle. hjasdhahHGAHAHAGSHHGAHGSHAGA
The end result didn't matter, but that absolute tnuC has ruined what could have been a good game of Rugby.

Heres hoping the quality of officiating is better in C1!

Haven't you heard,your reffing next season as you seem to be on the ball

#13 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Haven't you heard,your reffing next season as you seem to be on the ball

Awesome.

#14 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Can't be any worse than that arrogant ###### STOKES !!!!!!!!!!! He's consistently ###### I'll give him that
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#15 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Can't be any worse than that arrogant ###### STOKES !!!!!!!!!!! He's consistently ###### I'll give him that

It was Stokes...

Edited by YCKonstantine, 01 September 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#16 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

I've been brave and asked the rfl twitter account what George Stokes has against York.

#17 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

He's actually been improving of late, but that was a shocker today. Missed a couple of obvious knock-ons (although not helped by his touch judges, TBF), and then went unnecessarily red-card happy with five minutes to go. I can only guess that the York players were giving him a load of verbals for him to act so dramatically with the second sending-off. The first red card should have been a sin-binning (which would have had the same effect anyway).

I don't think his performance assisted Batley's win as we really stepped it up in the last quarter, but he did contributed to an undeserved margin of defeat for your guys. If you keep that squad together, you'll be straight back up.

#18 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

He's actually been improving of late, but that was a shocker today. Missed a couple of obvious knock-ons (although not helped by his touch judges, TBF), and then went unnecessarily red-card happy with five minutes to go. I can only guess that the York players were giving him a load of verbals for him to act so dramatically with the second sending-off. The first red card should have been a sin-binning (which would have had the same effect anyway).

I don't think his performance assisted Batley's win as we really stepped it up in the last quarter, but he did contributed to an undeserved margin of defeat for your guys. If you keep that squad together, you'll be straight back up.

Oh i think you derserved to win. Just think he has a thing against the city which he gained his degree inn.
Funny how Mr Leatherborrow got a SL game this week.

#19 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

It was Stokes...

i know it was Stokes , I was replying to the fella who was on about you reffing next season !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#20 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I didn't see what the first red was for, but I think the second red was Sam Scott at second marker reacting by putting his knees into the guy on the floor because he was flailing his legs about and kicked him at least 3 times(looked intentional. Not normal to kick about that much!) At least that's what I saw. Both at fault, but he shouldn't have reacted like that.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 01 September 2013 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users